• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink ennui

54 posts in this topic

Have been a fan of the Nick Cardy Aquaman covers for a while now, and these looked like good opportunities to start the run:

Aquaman30_zps428cfab9.jpg

Aquaman52_zpsa39b46a6.jpg

Aquaman56_zps9d8a4040.jpg

And here's my embarrassing question: Who's the bald guy in purple behind Hawkman and next to Batman on the cover of 30?

4 hours after auctions began closing and no one has started a thread. Winners or Losers anyone?

the closing prices are mostly depressing for someone who owns a slug of slabs.

I don't even look any more. :sorry:

Me neither...and sure I sure as hell don't sell on there anymore.

I'm really sitting on the fence in regards to bidding tonight. I have been tracking a few books, but it is jus that time of year when thigs get busy and expensive. Maybe I will need to have a few drinks tonight and then decide!

I am bidding less and lesser every time.

Too many auctions, too many pressed books and no possibility to pay with Paypal are not things that incentivize me to bid

How do you know which books are pressed?

It doesn't really matter. Many are and that increases the number of high grade book and decreases the value of those same books. High grade isn't as rare anymore.

Too many auctions, too many pressed books and no possibility to pay with Paypal are not things that incentivize me to bid

It doesn't really matter. Many are and that increases the number of high grade book and decreases the value of those same books. High grade isn't as rare anymore.

yup - you can watch prices slowly come down as the census fills up. glad i don't collect ultra HG..

yup - you can watch prices slowly come down as the census fills up. glad i don't collect ultra HG..

Unless the book is low grade, I automatically assume that all high end books are pressed now. I've just learned to accept it and try to enjoy the book for what it presently is. Not what it used to be. I'd go crazy otherwise.

comiclink does not press their books, cant say the same for the consigners - but the Rocky Mountains were not pressed (on their first offering)

grades are grades; I bid on and won a 9.8 book to upgrade my 9.6, go down to pull out the 9.6, its flawless - actually flawless (squarebound at that), WFT, resub, no press - 9.8 :facepalm:

HA does the best high res scans, you cant always see everything with other sides scans.

:gossip: comic books are not rare

I'm really sitting on the fence in regards to bidding tonight. I have been tracking a few books, but it is jus that time of year when thigs get busy and expensive. Maybe I will need to have a few drinks tonight and then decide!

Yeah. Some of my lowballs have already fallen by the wayside, but I do not intend to get caught up in the bidding tonight. If I get some they will be for my price, but I don't want to overpay just to win an auction. They'll be more copies of all the books I am after in the next auction and beyond.

Nice book! I had that on my watch list, but I just decided to stay out of the auctions this time around. Too much comic debt at the moment that I want to get out of the way.

I know when I go look at how much those books ended up selling for I am gonna be a little bit depressed I didn't bid.

Here are my three wins so far. And yes, it looks like I am the first boardie to win (or maybe admit) that I have a CVA book coming. And I don't care, the book is a stunner and one that has been a nemesis for me, so lame sticker or not I was going to bid.

The #77 and #95 are tough white cover books. The price I paid on the #77 is about half what I have seen the book go for in the past year, so I was happy to get it. The price on the #95 was definitely less of a bargain, but for the eye appeal and centering I was happy to mark it off my list.

The TTA only went for about $50, which is a silly price for a white paged reasonably well-centered 9.0 12 center. I've been meaning to get more serious about my TTA run, which has been neglected for TOS, so here is my toe dipping back in the water.

RAD0E6072012928_1747.jpg

RADC6AF02012108_15536.jpg

RADE2A3A2012105_121450.jpg

One more. Always wanted this book. A bit more than what I wanted to pay, but I had a MAX bid for $167 and it actually went for $166.

RAD70C3D2012924_114811.jpg

Although nothing super spectacular thus far, this is the 8th book I've picked up in this auction. By far, this is the most books I've ever won in a single go around with CL.