• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic book art you just don't like.

423 posts in this topic

I think this is pretty cool:

asm1.jpg

Can't believe the price that original piece of art sold for though, 358,000.00 !!!

Honestly, I hate that style of cover ( not just because it's drawn poorly ), it doesn't tell me anything about the book at all.

This cover is absolutely amazing, and there are far worse covers we can nit-pick to death.

I appreciate McFarlane the cover artist but it was him, and Liefield (et al) that drove me out of comics back in the day. The amount of (useless) detail was distracting and annoying. Remains so even now.

Mignola may be one of the best 'atmospheric' artists out there today. Granted, his stuff is very specific to the horror/supernatural/gothic genre, but within that genre he is amazing.

I appreciate McFarlane the cover artist but it was him, and Liefield (et al) that drove me out of comics back in the day. The amount of (useless) detail was distracting and annoying. Remains so even now.

Mignola may be one of the best 'atmospheric' artists out there today. Granted, his stuff is very specific to the horror/supernatural/gothic genre, but within that genre he is amazing.

I like the linework that McFarlane et al put into thier artwork and on the other end of the spectrum, for me, is Mignola. I don't 'get' the appeal of his artwork.