• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Picked up some Pre-Code Horror, this one stood out

20 posts in this topic

I bought about 40 pre-code horror books a little while back and I finally have the time to scan them.

This one is in rough shape but from what I can tell it's a pricey book in high grade. Does it have a strong place in pre-code horror history?

I'll post the rest if there is any interest.

Eerie1.jpg

interesting, I wasn't aware DM 19 was high demand. Can someone fill me in as to why (any reason other than the cover)?

Primarily for the cover, but the interiors of the DM run - after about issue #10 - are classic precode horror. The 19 is one of the better covers of the run. This series is particularly gruesome.

I bought about 40 pre-code horror books a little while back and I finally have the time to scan them.

This one is in rough shape but from what I can tell it's a pricey book in high grade. Does it have a strong place in pre-code horror history?

Eerie1.jpg

I just recently bought my first Eerie 1, congrats on all of the cool books you just bought . :applause:

Eerie1.jpg

Look at all this cover has going for it:

1. Basically a nude girl in a transparent getup

2. She's being slowly drowned in some kind of fluid being piped in on the sides...

3. By a pretty creepy ghoul.

4. The two recently-drowned girls to the left.

5. No "hero" coming to the rescue. She's pretty much doomed.

6. A first (only) issue of title.

One of my favorite pre-code horror covers.