• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LOWER PRICES! Scarce Fiction House, Journey into Fear, Startling - more added

79 posts in this topic

Over the next few days I'll be listing some very scarce Fiction House books in affordable grades, along with some nicer ones, some graded, some raw. There will also be some other nice books, including a Startling, a Journey into Fear, and whatever strikes my fancy.

:takeit: wins over pm's. Time payments are a possibility. PAYMENT BY PAYPAL ONLY PLEASE!

STANDARD INFO:

I am based in the United Kingdom, and if you are too then please ignore the following. For those of you who live elsewhere, below is what I will charge for shipping, which is less than the actual cost.

Shipping to the USA and Worldwide

Raw comics: $10 by regular (uninsured) airmail or $20 insured expedited mail. Add $2 for each additional comic. UNINSURED PACKAGES SENT AT YOUR OWN RISK! But I have never, ever lost a package. (Though I'd prefer to send valuable packages by insured expedited mail.)

CGC comics $30 via expedited mail plus $12 per addtional CGC item, maximum 3 CGC items per package.

If you combine CGC and raw items then I will only charge $2 each for the raw items.

Returns

I will not accept returns of CGC items.

All non-CGC items may be returned for a refund if dissatisfied, but please note that I will only refund postage if I have made a significant error in grading, in which case I will bear all costs.

No probies or trolls allowed

JOURNEY INTO FEAR #6 6.5 OW - great paper! $145 $100 Classic vampire story "Partners in blood"

Two things keep this from high grade a soft vertical crease which does not break color and the small chip at base of spine visible in the sca. Otherwise a sharp copy, with supple paper, and deep color strike to the pages. (See scans)

Bought from Jim Payette many years ago - I think he had it graded 7.0

Easilly my favourite Superior horror issue!

JourneyintoFear650.jpg

jif6.jpg

FIGHT COMICS #7 4.0 C/OW Rare! Classic cover! One of the two or three toughest issues, CGC has only graded a couple - as I recall in significantly lower grade than this copy.

Asking $300, what I paid. Cant overemphasise how tough this book is! SOLD!

All things considered, a very attractive copy for the grade - it's a bright, glossy copy with great cover colours. Tiny chip to right hand edge; top staple partially detached (holding firm at the back).Very small, very light water stain on back cover reading edge, 2"x 0.25" is also visible on the inside cover. Similar stain to interior of front cover in no was visible on front cover. The book does not quite lay flat, owing to improper storage. Some indication that the book was once in the presence of moisture. As can be seen none of this shows in the scan, which just indicates how light these problems are!

FightComics640.jpg

FIGHT COMICS #7 4.0 C/OW Rare! Classic cover! One of the two or three toughest issues, CGC has only graded a couple - as I recall in significantly lower grade than this copy.

Asking $300, what I paid. Cant overemphasise how tough this book is!

All things considered, a very attractive copy for the grade - it's a bright, glossy copy with great cover colours. Tiny chip to right hand edge; top staple partially detached (holding firm at the back).Very small, very light water stain on back cover reading edge, 2"x 0.25" is also visible on the inside cover. Similar stain to interior of front cover in no was visible on front cover. The book does not quite lay flat, owing to improper storage. Some indication that the book was once in the presence of moisture. As can be seen none of this shows in the scan, which just indicates how light these problems are!

FightComics640.jpg

:takeit:

STARTLING COMICS #50 8.5 Off white to white $925

StartlingComics5085-1-1.jpg

.....you're killin' me man......how I love the Xela Startlings. .....and that Torchy is one WILD book. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

....I wish I could......It's one of the best of the best, but I just tapped out on a JIM 84. Ironically.....this book would probably make me happier in the long run. GOD BLESS...

It's a sweet copy you have.....Alex really did some fine covers for the series.....I'm hard pressed to choose a favorite.... for me a 4 way tie between this one, 50, 53,and of course,49....... the interiors aren't bad either.GOD BLESS...