• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WAVE OF NEXT BLANKS

408 posts in this topic

What do you guys think is the best way to send Marvel a message about the quality of their blanks?

Recently the current blanks from Marvel have been nothing short of a failure. Uncanny Avengers is a prime example. BIG LOGO...WAXY FEEL...nuff said.

Can retailers refuse to buy them because don't sell? And if so, would this be enogh to have the printers rethink the quality of the paper stock?

I hope there is a change in cover quality soon.

Because Marvel is planning on producing Blank covers for

1) All New X-Men #1

2) IronMan #1

3) Thor #1

4) Captain America #1

5) X-Men Legacy #1

6) Fantastic four #1

7) FF #1

8) Deadpool #1

9) Indestructible Hulk #1

All scheduled for November

It would totally sux :( if they all had the same cover stock as Uncanny Avengers.

Usually my LCS orders me 6 copies of each blank but once I heard about all these coming out I had to put the brakes on....another Hulk and X-men blanks..really ???

Finally an Ironman blank and hopefully a non pink Thor...a new FF will be cool but I can pass on the rest.

The logo on the uncanny Avengers like Adonis said is huge and really is only good for heads or busts.

As for blank quality it probably won't improve unfortunately, bc we have been pining for this since the Avengers 1 and X-Men 1 days :(

Kellam asked me to get him some and ship them to CA with some stuff he bought from me to save on shipping from Midtown.

I looked at the blank today at the LCS. I knew that he wanted it and that I wouldnt be out any money as he would pay me back but it was so bad I couldnt bring myself to spend his money on it.

Well don't worry the wife spent everything already

:facepalm:

But seriously why do they make these blanks for sketches right? Well do they not know which paper is best? Almost like they don't want detailed/awesome sketches to be done on them. Thanks Doug for not spending all my money (thumbs u

Wonder if Troy can ramp up his covers hm

Someone posted on Marvels facebook page about changing the quality of the sketch cover paper. It was deleted within 5 minutes. This shows me that Marvel does not care about the quality.

I just hope the Avengers and Superior Spider-Man blanks are good. I ordered 15 each of them.

Hopefully DC sticks with the quality of their blanks. I have 40 Justice League blanks on order at DCBS. That should last me a long time.

I just hope the Avengers and Superior Spider-Man blanks are good. I ordered 15 each of them.

Hopefully DC sticks with the quality of their blanks. I have 40 Justice League blanks on order at DCBS. That should last me a long time.

From what everyone is saying it sounds like Marvel is sticking to it's current quality but for your sake I hope they are all wrong.