• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ARE THERE ANY PULP COLLECTORS IN THE HOUSE ?

128 posts in this topic

Okay, I'll get this started. Since this is more of a Comic Book forum, I'll start with Ka-zar the Great #1 kazar1.jpg . Publisher: Red Circle. October, 1936. The FIRST Marvel character to appear in print.

Horror Stories Oct.35 V.2 #4

This title had lots of memorable covers, many more gruesome than this, but for some reason this has always been one of favorites. I think it's the sheer absurdity of the situation that makes it stand out.

546084-horror.jpg

546084-horror.jpg.865a33e7de4a1a376641d4d6438effc2.jpg

Yep, That Mysterious Wu Fang is a tough one, goes for the same as # 1. Nice Horror stories! devil.gifI love that cover: happy Dwarf Groom with a not so happy Bride-to be! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Secret 6 # 1, October 1934. secret61.jpg

Way cool Secret 6 cover!! Nice looking copy as well! IIRC they all have above average covers.

Popular Publications really put out alot of cool pulps in the 30s. While Culture(Spicy) and Red Circle produced lots of great stuff as well, Popular really defined Weird Menace pulps.

Way cool Secret 6 cover!! Nice looking copy as well! IIRC they all have above average covers.

Popular Publications really put out alot of cool pulps in the 30s. While Culture(Spicy) and Red Circle produced lots of great stuff as well, Popular really defined Weird Menace pulps.

Thanks! I'm happy with #1 & #2 in particular. I'd like to upgrade #3 and #4. It's a tougher run than most, altough not impossible. I always look around for Pulps when I visit the cons so,....maybe one day.

Nice run - I'd only seen your post of #1 when I wrote my earlier response. Keep posting!!

I'd like to pick up more pulps than I do, but what with the competition from Golden Age for my collecting dollar, it's slow going.