• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ARE THERE ANY PULP COLLECTORS IN THE HOUSE ?

128 posts in this topic

Last for now is this pulp which I really wanted to find at the show and I did and it's a great looking copy -

1225773-WCPS-ParkAvenueHuntClub.jpg

Do you especially like the cover or is there something else special inside the book?

Do you especially like the cover or is there something else special inside the book?

I especially like the cover and it contains an installment of the Park Avenue Hunt Club, a series in DFW of stories of a trio of private citizens fighting against the Liberty Crusaders, a fifth column element in the US beneficent on the surface but really working to usurp powers. Their troops are particularly ruthless. I jumped on this next pulp with both a Bulldog Drummond story and an installment of the Park Avenue Hunt Club - Very solid copy too -

1230112-WCPS-BDDPAHC.jpg

1230112-WCPS-BDDPAHC.jpg.613cf62c6cf37a23f20a462860f193e5.jpg

This Black Book Detective showcases The Red Menace in May 1941 at a time, Russia was our ally and taking a hell of a beating on the Eastern front, yet communism fear is still rampant in the US -

1230115-WCPS-BlackBat.jpg

1230115-WCPS-RedWar.jpg.1147063ea07cef81fba046b0a5a605e3.jpg

Original interior but Xerox cover - Great interior illustrations including some double page spreads -

1230117-WCPS-Spider.jpg

I remember seeing that cover somewhere as a kid. Is it famous? Hard to find? How much does a nice copy go for?

I remember seeing that cover somewhere as a kid. Is it famous? Hard to find? How much does a nice copy go for?

There is another cover very similar to that one with the spikes coming from the bottom left that was published a few months later in the series and that might be the one you remember.

Guide on the Spider issue shown above - Feb. 1938 - is $60 in Good, $150 in VG and $300 in Fine. Again pulps are cheap compared to comics.

This Black Book Detective showcases The Red Menace in May 1941 at a time, Russia was our ally and taking a hell of a beating on the Eastern front, yet communism fear is still rampant in the US -

1230115-WCPS-BlackBat.jpg

They weren't the ally of the US until after Dec 7th, 1941 and Germany didn't invade them until June 22, 1941 in a move that was surprise. Prior to that, Russia had partitioned Poland with Germany, murdering 5000 Polish officers in the Katyn Forest among other crimes, and taken over the Baltic States and invaded Finland.

They weren't the ally of the US until after Dec 7th, 1941 and Germany didn't invade them until June 22, 1941 in a move that was surprise. Prior to that, Russia had partitioned Poland with Germany, murdering 5000 Polish officers in the Katyn Forest among other crimes, and taken over the Baltic States and invaded Finland.

Thanks Adam. I realized how I fubbed later today while I was reading the US indictment against the forces in France that allowed the country to fall so fast to the German in that other pulp I showed above. Here's the opening page -

1230281-WCPS-HoodedMen.jpg

1230281-WCPS-HoodedMen.jpg.cd98e150add78a1862785ab47ab674fa.jpg

Ah ha!!! so that was you who had it listed in their profile. I remembered reading that, but couldn't remember who it was. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Are you seriously looking for a copy? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

YES!

... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Here are scans of my entire collection of Wildcat magazines:

WildcatDecember.jpg

WildcatFebruary.jpg

The women are flabby and out of shape by modern standards but the cover concepts are great!

(thumbs u

Starting to get into the Shadow, so here are three newbie questions.

What was his first pulp appearance?

What price does it go for in vg to fine condtion?

Overall how many copies of the first pulp with the Shadow still exist?

hm

thanks for the info in advance.