• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

100 Bullets - Counterfifth Detective (SPOILER ALERT)

1 post in this topic

OK. I couldn't wait for the trade any longer, so I broke down and bought the individual books and got a subscription and everything. So last night I sit down to read the "Counterfifth Detective" story arc (6 issues total).

I must say, I was a little dissappointed with the story. Nice twist at the end, but really, did we need 6-issues? This was a 4 issue arc at best. I think Azzarello may have over stepped his limit on this one. I think he was trying to go for a 40's style Detective Novel ala Raymond Chandler.

Milo Garett, the main character, was a Phillip Marlowe clone (street smart, drinkin', mouthy, tough guy). I guess I was just a little dissappointed that you never really found out why Graves gave him the case. The evidence in the attache pointed towards Karl Reynolds being responsible for Milo's accident. But they never elaborated on why Reynolds would set him up like that. He did hire him, didn't he? Was Graves trying to point Milo in the direction of Megan Deitrich? Or was he trying to get him to take out Lono? Or Echo?

Usually, Azzarello does a good job of tying up some (not all) of the loose ends. Not this time. Well, I guess you could say Milo was a loose end. Maybe that was his point.

Some feedback from other readers would be nice. That being said the next few "stand alone issues" #37-41, are getting the series back on track. Can't wait to see how the conflict in the Trust shakes down!!!

Chris