• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM X factor 6 & 24

12 posts in this topic

Almost done with all these threads. I'm trying to gauge on what to submit for my next order. Thanks everyone for being so kind!

So here is #6. The thing I am wondering about this book is that the staples are located more to the back of the cover than on the spine. Can this affect the grade? The corners are sharp, no splits, ticks, or anything. There is a light crease about 3/4 of an inch long on the back cover, seemingly invisible on the scan which I think can be pressed out. Hoping it can be a 9.8+ if the staple location doesn't factor in.

xfactor6frontcropped.jpg

Xfactor6backcropped.jpg

Alright so here are 2 copies of Xfactor 24. I think that copies A and B are 9.2 (maybe 9.0?) and 9.4 respectively. But I wanted to make sure and see where I am at in self grading. Copy B has the same staple issue as 6

A

Xfactor24Afrontcropped.jpg

Xfactor24Abackcropped.jpg

B

Xfactor24Bfrontcropped.jpg

Xfactor24bbackcropped.jpg

#24 is an awesome book, I started reading comics in original language back then.

Less people probably due to the fact it’s more difficult to judge high grades from simple scans. #6 is definitely high-grade, you may have a 9.6.

#24 copy A looks more like a 8.5 to me, while #24 copy B can be a 9.2-9.4 if cover lies perfectly flat.

I would rub away the dirt gently with an eraser, anyway. :)

agreed

#24 is an awesome book, I started reading comics in original language back then.

Less people probably due to the fact it’s more difficult to judge high grades from simple scans. #6 is definitely high-grade, you may have a 9.6.

#24 copy A looks more like a 8.5 to me, while #24 copy B can be a 9.2-9.4 if cover lies perfectly flat.

I would rub away the dirt gently with an eraser, anyway. :)

In my humble view, These boards are mainly for grading books, regardless of the quality or collectibilityy. I do want to say these boards have helped me become a much smarter buyer...

I know what grade I'm buying now and have found a few great deals because of it.

In my humble view, These boards are mainly for grading books, regardless of the quality or collectibilityy. I do want to say these boards have helped me become a much smarter buyer...

I know what grade I'm buying now and have found a few great deals because of it.

That‘s why I have written By The Way… ;)

6: I'd agree 9.4/9.6 there's a tick an inch above spideys head.

24 A: 8.5/ off chance at 9.0

24 B: 9.2/9.4

I've boughten lots of X-Factor books from bin's, some even un bagged, these books are robust!