• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM CA 111 grade is in.

21 posts in this topic

I had a chance to buy a nice copy that looked very similar to this and I passed on it because I wasn't sure of the colouring.....I'm kicking myself now because so many are this color.

I had a chance to buy a nice copy that looked very similar to this and I passed on it because I wasn't sure of the colouring.....I'm kicking myself now because so many are this color.

What are you referring to? The purple? hm

DIvad care to hazard a guess?

Hado: Not quite sure what you mean by the colors? The slight tanning? This book is pretty white IMO. I really love the cover this and Nick Fury Agent of Shield 4 and 12 are some of my favorite from the 60s/70s. I really like the technocolor pallet and lots of bold shapes and I love the composition/use of negative space to define the characters.

While a 9.2 grade is higher than I would have guessed as well, I'm not sure where all the 8.0s were coming from - unless they were anticipating flaws not visible on a white cover scan or hammering for the back cover dirt. And while I've seen 'whiter" copies of this book, this copy appears to lack the halo tanning I've seen on many others. Overall a pretty nice looking book.