• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My car is going to decide if I get to buy comics tomorrow *UPDATE*

54 posts in this topic

The blower motor in my car has started blowing fuses (thumbs u Awesome!

Even better its starting to get cold so the windows fog if I drive in town. So off to the shop Fran goes, yeah it's name is Fran, and there's a comic shop I've never been to close by.

If its just a relay I'll be able to buy something awesome. If it's the blower motor itself, something less awesome. If its god knows what and they have to pull the dash apart and hunt...nothin'.

Fingers crossed :wishluck:

Even better its starting to get cold so the windows fog if I drive in town. So off to the shop Fran goes, yeah it's name is Fran, and there's a comic shop I've never been to close by.

If its just a relay I'll be able to buy something awesome. If it's the blower motor itself, something less awesome. If its god knows what and they have to pull the dash apart and hunt...nothin'.

If the windows are fogging up its most likely the heater core. (shrug) A pain in the azz to change but not that hard, just time consuming getting at it.

If the windows are fogging up its most likely the heater core. (shrug) A pain in the azz to change but not that hard, just time consuming getting at it.

A/C and heat are still there, just no fan.

Edit: the relay seems to be a common problem after a quick google search.

What kind of car?

What kind of car?

2008 Subaru Impreza

What kind of car?

2008 Subaru Impreza

Hopefully you don't get fooked.

:wishluck:

I would still check the core on the car. When they leak internally you cant see it. The blower just blows the moisture ( and anti-freeze smell ) all over the windows and clouds them up. Good luck.

Edit: Some of the older Hondas & Toyota's you could rebuild the blower motors by putting in new brushes and springs. Don't know if its applicable to your car but could be a cheap fix. Maybe.

Thanks X, I'll keep it in mind and I'll make sure to sniff for any anti-freeze smell on the way down there.

Edit: hm a rebuild eh? Would that affect the fuses, that's the main problem really, I've replaced them and they just blew again so it's a short of some type.

Fuse is blowing because something draws too much current. Usually a blower, although the component that regulates the blower speed can also be a cause in some cases.

Fog on the dash comes from moisture condensation as the moisture in the cabin settles/condensates on the cooler windscreen. Moisture can come from your breath, water on your clothes (or in carpets) from rain or the heater box itself (heater core, or even the water that comes off your AC Evaporator - the Evaporator is what pulls the moisture out of the air when the AC or Defrost is on and is the same water that runs out of the bottom of your car when the AC is running in the summer).

If your blower fan is not working and air is not circulating, that along could allow the moisture to condensate on the windscreen.

Use a reputable shop.

Good luck!

Fuse is blowing because something draws too much current. Usually a blower, although the component that regulates the blower speed can also be a cause in some cases.

Fog on the dash comes from moisture condensation as the moisture in the cabin settles/condensates on the cooler windscreen. Moisture can come from your breath, water on your clothes (or in carpets) from rain or the heater box itself (heater core, or even the water that comes off your AC Evaporator - the Evaporator is what pulls the moisture out of the air when the AC or Defrost is on and is the same water that runs out of the bottom of your car when the AC is running in the summer).

If your blower fan is not working and air is not circulating, that along could allow the moisture to condensate on the windscreen.

Use a reputable shop.

Good luck!

you should fix high end automobiles for a living

Thanks VC, pretty much what I thought was going on, on the highway the heat still works so warm air is forced through the vents clearing the windshield, sitting at lights :facepalm:

With it being so close to freezing at night lately I need this fixed soon.

And if its cheap I can over pay for comics instead!