• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My car is going to decide if I get to buy comics tomorrow *UPDATE*

54 posts in this topic

UPDATE! Yeah, blower motor was shot. I was able to get one ordered and it wasn't that expensive so we went to Gotham Central.

It was a pretty big shop, nothing but moderns really, a lot of variants. My girlfriend got a great SS Lady Mechanika signed by Joe Benitez with a great little sketch. We also got a bunch of raw Lady Mech's, lots of variants and a few first prints, and new 52 Detective comics 1 first print all for cover price. Was pretty happy about that.

And just near there we saw a collectible's shop so we ducked in and this guy had some big books

IH 2,3,4

T.O.S 39

Some TEC's (not pre robin, I was wrong)

Various JIM's

And a 9.9 Secret wars 8

So I'll have to go back there for sure when I've got some more cash moneys.

It was purddy

Was it graded?

nope, he only had 3 graded books. There was also a FF 1, And GS X-men 1 raw but they were pretty rough. His prices seemed a tad high.

Put in a new fuse. Test the amp draw of the blower when you fire it up, that should help narrow it down. Do you have a multi meter? Does it run for a bit and blow, or just poof. You might want to try a fix on your own if you can be sure of the problem. It sounds like the motor is shot, but it could be something very simple (such as the power wire touching the frame (ground))

You tube often has good videos of common repairs.

Good luck.

I love when handy people just say to watch a video. My uncles a contractor and I keep trying to hire him to do my windows cheap. He keeps emailing me videos of it like I'm goons to figure it out...

YouTube worked amazingly well for me recently. The CD player on my OEM car stereo just went on me for no reason a couple of weeks ago. To replace the whole deck with a factory one was a mess of money, so I checked out some video's showing how to remove it. I'm usually skeptical because the guys on the video's make everything look so easy, but it literally took all of five minutes to remove and disconnect the stereo from the dashboard/console. I went to a scrap yard, salvaged one, tested it, and got it for $50.

UPDATE! Yeah, blower motor was shot. I was able to get one ordered and it wasn't that expensive so we went to Gotham Central.

It was a pretty big shop, nothing but moderns really, a lot of variants. My girlfriend got a great SS Lady Mechanika signed by Joe Benitez with a great little sketch. We also got a bunch of raw Lady Mech's, lots of variants and a few first prints, and new 52 Detective comics 1 first print all for cover price. Was pretty happy about that.

And just near there we saw a collectible's shop so we ducked in and this guy had some big books

IH 2,3,4

T.O.S 39

Various JIM's

And a 9.9 Secret wars 8

DOK Automotive is where I bring my car in our parts. They're excellent guys and are extremely fair. Good to hear you got your car issues sorted out. (thumbs u

YouTube worked amazingly well for me recently. .

+1

I've found some great repair videos on a few things that saved me a ton of dough. Of course I also probably have more tools than Home Depot. (shrug)

+1

I've found some great repair videos on a few things that saved me a ton of dough. Of course I also probably have more tools than Home Depot the CGC boards. (shrug)

Fixed.

+1

I've found some great repair videos on a few things that saved me a ton of dough. Of course I also probably have more tools than Home Depot the CGC boards. (shrug)

Fixed.

lol

IH 2,3,4

T.O.S 39

Various JIM's

And a 9.9 Secret wars 8

DOK Automotive is where I bring my car in our parts. They're excellent guys and are extremely fair. Good to hear you got your car issues sorted out. (thumbs u

I'll have to look them up (thumbs u

It's good I got it done, man did it snow on the way home