• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Awesome! Early Ninja Turtle CGC Collection on Ebay!

26 posts in this topic

I just wanted to say thanks to everybody on the boards that expressed interest in my collection. I have had a warm welcome since joining the boards, thanks!

As for the collection I have to say you snooze you loose. I made a post as soon as the auction started with a link, my BIN and email. No offers. I got a buyer that made me an offer I couldn't refuse, so I sold the collection, he got a great deal, and I can move on from modern titles to golden/silver age titles which is my first love anyways.

If people were interested more you should have emailed me, instead of waiting, waiting on Ebay will kill you almost every time.

Thanks again for all the interest!!! smile.gif

thumbsup2.gif

This was a great start for you on these boards! foreheadslap.gif You've managed to perpetrate the one thing, right off the bat, yet like a pro, that gets forumites' ires up like nothing else, except maybe keyword spamming or Gene and FFB's plans to "pump and dump" DC stock in "Catwoman"....

First you post it on eBay where you ask people to look. Then you offer it on the side here, which is actually disingenuous if you don't plan to keep your word as an ebay seller and follow through on a listed item. then you actually get a forumite, jgel, to agree with your terms (" tell you what I'll do...$400...keep the Sig series..." - does this ring any bells? ) Then you come on and post that it's sold, to someone who made an offer you couldn't refuse, then proceed to lecture us with the "you snooze, you lose" speech..

Bravo, you 893censored-thumb.gifforeheadslap.gif

Welcome to another unscrupulous member of the slippery slope of shady sellers... come in, the fising's good and you've got all the "suckers" biting...

I just wanted to say thanks to everybody on the boards that expressed interest in my collection. I have had a warm welcome since joining the boards, thanks!

As for the collection I have to say you snooze you loose. I made a post as soon as the auction started with a link, my BIN and email. No offers. I got a buyer that made me an offer I couldn't refuse, so I sold the collection, he got a great deal, and I can move on from modern titles to golden/silver age titles which is my first love anyways.

If people were interested more you should have emailed me, instead of waiting, waiting on Ebay will kill you almost every time.

thumbsup2.gif

This was a great start for you on these boards! foreheadslap.gif You've managed to perpetrate the one thing, right off the bat, yet like a pro, that gets forumites' ires up like nothing else, except maybe keyword spamming or Gene and FFB's plans to "pump and dump" DC stock in "Catwoman"....

First you post it on eBay where you ask people to look. Then you offer it on the side here, which is actually disingenuous if you don't plan to keep your word as an ebay seller and follow through on a listed item. then you actually get a forumite, jgel, to agree with your terms (" tell you what I'll do...$400...keep the Sig series..." - does this ring any bells? ) Then you come on and post that it's sold, to someone who made an offer you couldn't refuse, then proceed to lecture us with the "you snooze, you lose" speech..

Bravo, you 893censored-thumb.gifforeheadslap.gif

Welcome to another unscrupulous member of the slippery slope of shady sellers... come in, the fising's good and you've got all the "suckers" biting...

Thanks Darth, I didn't want to take it any farther, but I understand and agree with you. I did feel a little subbed, but didn't want to sound like I was crying about it. It did seem strange, but I just figured that he was new.

As a side note, the NEW buyer offered me some of the books that I wanted, so we will see if I can get the books I want in the long run. It's just a little frusterating working on a deal and then losing it when I agree to the price offered. I don't blame the buyer, I just figured "another new member." foreheadslap.gif But I agree not a great start........

thumbsup2.gif

i had typed up a whole long response to your condescending post but found it lacking.

so this will have to sum it up for me: you insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

and if you haven't figured out why just yet, let me say this: you insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

As for the collection I have to say you snooze you loose.

I am not bothered, i was already offered this collection pre-ebay and i said no then.

I have to agree with susanville, you're a insufficiently_thoughtful_person. hi.gif

As for the collection I have to say you snooze you loose.

I am not bothered, i was already offered this collection pre-ebay and i said no then.

I have to agree with susanville, you're a insufficiently_thoughtful_person. hi.gif

I'm going with insufficiently_thoughtful_person as well. Lucky for us he's just some [!@#%^&^] that's only here to see what he can get as opposed to what he can contribute, so I don't think we'll be seeing him much. If he does decide to come around more then I'll enjoy reminding him of this every chance I get. devil.gif