• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Random Books for Sale!! Closed!

211 posts in this topic

I will have to say that my scanner is making each defect seem much worse than in hand. I offer a 100% return on all books especially for board members. I've never been accused of being the tightest grader on here but I got a ton of good feedback from people who bought in my last sales thread.

Scan them at 400ppi or more, then downscale them at a lower resolution.

This will avoid unnecessary moirée effects and artifacts due to JPG compression of already low-size pictures. ;)

Thanks. I think i got most of that. If anyone wants to have the links to the books and see them in jumbo size - let me know.

Thats all for today. I'll post some more tomorrow. I've got a ton of high grade Bronze issues (Godzilla, Human Fly, Staw Wars) and a large stack of low/mid grade Silver-Age superman books. Hope someone can find something they want. As always - thanks for looking.

I'm going to start up my first sales thread in awhile so bare with me if things are a bit choppy at first.

My spelling may border on terrible but I'm an engineer and frankly . . we suck at spelling. I'm setting prices fairly low to entice some sales but feel free to send me offers - I enjoy the attention. No HOS members need buy from me and as always - :takeit: is king.

Oh - and I really feel that we all need a laugh once in awhile so feel free to thread on my thread as long as its in good spirits and will make someone laugh.

Like most people on the boards - I try to keep shipping simple. I ship out using USPS priority and I charge only $5 per order which usually means I eat a little in shipping cost. So buy twenty books and I'll send it for a measly $5.

On with the show!

I know you ship to Canada -- 'cause I've bought from you before -- but is there any quote I can work with when looking at your list?

Thanks!

(thumbs u

I'm going to start up my first sales thread in awhile so bare with me if things are a bit choppy at first.

My spelling may border on terrible but I'm an engineer and frankly . . we suck at spelling. I'm setting prices fairly low to entice some sales but feel free to send me offers - I enjoy the attention. No HOS members need buy from me and as always - :takeit: is king.

Oh - and I really feel that we all need a laugh once in awhile so feel free to thread on my thread as long as its in good spirits and will make someone laugh.

Like most people on the boards - I try to keep shipping simple. I ship out using USPS priority and I charge only $5 per order which usually means I eat a little in shipping cost. So buy twenty books and I'll send it for a measly $5.

On with the show!

I know you ship to Canada -- 'cause I've bought from you before -- but is there any quote I can work with when looking at your list?

Thanks!

(thumbs u

Canda eh? How about $5 for the first book and then $1 for each additional books using first class mailing.

Lets start this up again while the family is at a baby shower. I'm going to put up a varied selection of books to see what people may be looking for. At this point it may be easier to just post a bunch of books in sets since I've got about 2 long boxes of mid grade Silver and high grade Bronze books I'm looking to sell. Onward on upward.

Star Wars #27 - Very high grade - NM or higher - SOLD

Well, I cleaned my scanner a optimized a couple of the settings and this is what I got.

CaptainMarvel7-1.jpg

At least I got rid of a couple of the marks that must have been on my scanner. I think the new scan represents the comic well so I'm back to being happy with my scanner again.