• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To Leave Negative Feedback or Not...(p.s. I really want to)

25 posts in this topic

Re-list the book most transactions on ebay dont go down this way you are just the 1-2% that go bad.(It happens we have all been there.) File on the buyer after a week or two (I do a week) it gets their attention. Make sure you sent a follow up email first though as a courtesy.

When the buyer emails you back wanting to know why you filed on them just tell them its your policy to file a claim after a week or two. and its in your TOS that way. Explain to them that you are ensuring that you will get your fees back if for some reason the buyer does not pay and its not personal.

Soft-Serve,

As I guess you already now know eBay sellers can not leave negative feedback, and is a main contributor to the some eBay buyers backing out of sales they no longer feel like paying.

I actually blame this 50/50 with you being to blame as well. (shrug)

After two weeks you should have just relisted the item, and file a non-payment bidder form against the buyer to get your fees back.

Here is how I am cut and dry now on eBay:

1. Payment must be made within 4 days after the end of the auction

2. On the second day I sent a one and only friendly email reminder

3. Unless they email me prior to bidding asking for special circumstances in which they can pay me within an acceptable time frame after those 4 days then I will open up a claim right away and relist the auction a couple days later.

4. If the unpaid claim is paid then I just take the down the relisted auction.

If I was you I would have opened up a claim the second the buyer went back on his word here:

At that time, he said that he would need 4 more days to get the money together.

So that is 8 days you gave him to pay.

After that 8th day this whole transaction you should have know is a wash, and you cost yourself time & money.

I pretty never believe anyone's BS anymore when it comes to why they can'y pay.

To be honest I do not care why they can't pay or care about their problems (if the ones they are even telling me are the truth anyway).

take it as lesson learned

SOT

Thanks for that advice, I will abide by it in the future. I guess I wrongly assumed everyone was like myself when it comes to buying/selling online. Lesson learned indeed. doh!

ebay has changed from an auction house mentality to a retail store mentality. The customer is always right; If he wants to buy something (bid or bin) and then decides not to pay for it or return something down the road the seller is expected to take care of it. Makes perfect sense for ebay since it isn't their stuff for sale. Sellers have to realize they're part of an on-line retail store posing as an auction house.

This has happened on my eBay store to many times to count. I just gave up caring when they don't pay. It is easy to do when you have 200+ books posted.

I can see that. My one sale was "precious", and I wanted to to happen soooo bad. If I do this more, I will develop the necessary thick, leathery skin of a desert lizard. ;)

Be careful with this advice. You should not relist an item until after the case is closed. I think it takes 4 days after filing before you can close it.

Ending an auction early with bidders are charged FV fees with only one auction waived per year - http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/end_early.html#fees

Soft-Serve,

As I guess you already now know eBay sellers can not leave negative feedback, and is a main contributor to the some eBay buyers backing out of sales they no longer feel like paying.

I actually blame this 50/50 with you being to blame as well. (shrug)

After two weeks you should have just relisted the item, and file a non-payment bidder form against the buyer to get your fees back.

Here is how I am cut and dry now on eBay:

1. Payment must be made within 4 days after the end of the auction

2. On the second day I sent a one and only friendly email reminder

3. Unless they email me prior to bidding asking for special circumstances in which they can pay me within an acceptable time frame after those 4 days then I will open up a claim right away and relist the auction a couple days later.

4. If the unpaid claim is paid then I just take the down the relisted auction.

If I was you I would have opened up a claim the second the buyer went back on his word here:

At that time, he said that he would need 4 more days to get the money together.

So that is 8 days you gave him to pay.

After that 8th day this whole transaction you should have know is a wash, and you cost yourself time & money.

I pretty never believe anyone's BS anymore when it comes to why they can'y pay.

To be honest I do not care why they can't pay or care about their problems (if the ones they are even telling me are the truth anyway).

take it as lesson learned

SOT

Thanks for that advice, I will abide by it in the future. I guess I wrongly assumed everyone was like myself when it comes to buying/selling online. Lesson learned indeed. doh!