• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Spiderman movie villain confirmed! The Trickster!

26 posts in this topic

I don't think it makes a difference what color/race the actor's are as long as they are true to the original story/character. Although, the source material is pretty lame in ASM #9.

Jamie Foxx can either be a very good character actor (Ray, Collateral for example) or a complete trainwreck (Stealth)...I hope it will be the former.

Jamie Foxx is a helluva actor. He'll be able to pull it off.

As for changing races...who cares? Its a different world then the one in which all the characters were originally imagined. Electro has lots of possibilities, provided his motivations are developed, and the special effects should be fun. I'd rather have an excellent black actor playing a traditionally white character then a cr@ppy white actor being cast because he looked the part.

As for changing races...who cares? Its a different world then the one in which all the characters were originally imagined. Electro has lots of possibilities, provided his motivations are developed, and the special effects should be fun. I'd rather have an excellent black actor playing a traditionally white character then a cr@ppy white actor being cast because he looked the part.

What if they changed genders and made Electro a female?

for the spidie reboot movie series, it seems like they are going to pick different villains for each new installment as opposed to the toby series. i was hoping for a proper venom movie but who knows at this point. there was talk for awhile given all the craze and popularity with vampires/true blood/breaking dawn, etc. that morbius would have been a possible, but it was not meant to be.

What if they changed genders and made Electro a female?

Good acting, believable dialogue and solid storytelling suspend my disbelief.

I'd buy a female Electro....why not? The best aspects of a memorable villain; vengefulness, spite, callousness, the ability and desire to manipulate others for their own needs, are hardly traits unique to the male of our species.

In fact, I think there are too few interesting female characters in the Super Hero movies that aren't already innocent "regular" people that need to be saved or protected. Jessica Alba as Sue Storm was a caricature. Halle Berry's Storm was under-utilized. What little I liked about Jennfer Garner's Electra from the Daredevil movie went away with the character's depiction in the Electra movie.

I say go for it....the modern viewing audience can handle a girl with a grudge. The biggest problem with Spidey's villains historically wasn't their race or sex, it was that they were two dimensional cardboard cut-outs with little depth.

I'd still like to see the Felicia Hardy character brought to the big screen. I think Anne Hatheway's portrayal of Cat-woman; a character straddling the line between right-wrong and internally conflicted because of it, could be a good template to work off of.