• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

52 New Variants!

63 posts in this topic

After the crippling of the comic industry with these exact same tactics in the early-mid 90's I was positive that we wouldn't see this short sighted cash grab strategy again in our lifetime.

I guess "lifetime" in comics is less than 20 years.

Those 3,000 comic shops we lost back then have not been replaced. What will we lose this time?

lollollol

That 'state quarters' approach will drive the OCD/competitionist crowd insane. :ohnoez:

:facepalm: Digital comics solve soooo many problems, this kind of nonsense chief among them. :screwy:

I'm of the belief that the publishers are printing variants like mad to eek out as much money as possible from the hardcore crowd before everything goes digital. Once the system goes bust, it'll be all digital from that day forward. Might as well wring as much money as possible on print before that time.

Wait didn't they just re-launch this series with Jim Lee about a year or so ago?

[font:Book Antiqua]That was Justice League

this one is Justice League of America.

They are trying to push a franchise

kind of their version of the Avengers...[/font]

:whatev:

Wait didn't they just re-launch this series with Jim Lee about a year or so ago?

[font:Book Antiqua]That was Justice League

this one is Justice League of America.

They are trying to push a franchise

kind of their version of the Avengers...[/font]

:whatev:

Yea figured they would do something this cheesy. doh!