• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

does every cgc 10.0 have white pages???

13 posts in this topic

They BETTER have white pages

I was gonna say that almost exact thing but I was gonna say "They DAMNED well better have white pages!"

Disclaimer: the above sentiment is the opinion of the poster and dependant upon the original color of the paper used.

What about distributor's ink sprayed across the entire top of the book, dripping down the interior pages and covers? Can 10.0s have that? Or if it's factory assembled, folded at a 35 degree tilt? Can they still get a 10.0 in that case? I've seen 9.8s like that, why not 10.0s?

I will let Overstreet answer that: "Only the most subtle bindery or printer defetcts allowed."

To quote Stan Lee: "A 35 degree titlt is not "the most subtle" nor is distributor ink "dripping down the interior pages and covers"...'nuff said!"

OK - at leat "'nuff said!" is from Stan Lee. The rest is from me. No. I do not believe that what you state would fall under a 10. Do you??????????? confused.gif

Well I KNOW what the Overstreet grading guidelines stipulate, forward, backward, mirror, retrograde, retrograde/inversion, etc., but I was referring to the stipulations of the CGC grading guidelines concerning distributor spackling. It isn't at all a hard stretch of the imagination to figure that if there can be 9.8s with wildly assymetrical factory folds and profuse dripping ink, then why not 9.9 or even 10.0 for that matter? Or would that be a QUALIFIED 10.0 (Ink splattered o/w MINT) ?

Why do you feel that if something is allowed in one grade, it will also be allowed in a higher grade? For example, someone mentioned that date stamps are allowed up to 9.8 level, but not in 9.9 or 10. It seems to me that by definition things in 9.8 are not going to be allowed in 9.9, and things in 9.9 are not going to be allowed in 10.

Don't ask me what those things are, of course, because I don't work for CGC. I just don't think a 9.8 flaw should automatically be assumed allowable in 9.9 or 10.

-- Joanna

I wouldn't count on it as I also though all CGC 10.0 should be perfectly aligned, which this book clearly is not - note the spine and the peek we get of the back cover starting about the price box, and slightly widening towards the lower left spine corner. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2154011761&category=32767

Yep. This is what the Web of Spider-Man #2 looked like that was graded 10.0. In my view, a 10.0 means perfection.

It should show absolutely no white on the spine, and the back and front covers should not overlap at all. It should also perfectly sharp corners, WHITE pages, etc.

It should show absolutely no white on the spine, and the back and front covers should not overlap at all. It should also perfectly sharp corners, WHITE pages, etc.
I have to agree. Although this Wolverine CGC 10.0 does also fit the Overstreet description for Mint; it is a very, very slight cover offset.