• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Italian editions and Copper/Modern mixed books - CLOSED

40 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am starting a new sales thread here in the Mixed Age section, since I thought those who collect foreign editions may not see the other thread I started in the GA/SA/BA section: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6122878#Post6122878

I will list some copper/modern book (Marvel and some independents) and italian editions or stuff american collectors may not be aware of.

I am based in Italy so unfortunately shipping will not be cheap.

My feedback thread is here: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6122013

Rules: First :takeit: trumps all PM offers.

Payment by Paypal only. No people on the Probation List, please.

Shipping: I will ship anywhere. Shipping charges from Italy are insanely high, so I’ll try my best to optimize combined shipping costs; if you want sturdier packaging at cost, I’ll be glad to accomodate any request.

Unless shipping is included in selling price, cost is as follows:

U.S. and Canada:

1-3 raw books: $11.00,

4 and above: $18.00 up to 2.20 lbs. (also fine for 1 CGC book).
2 CGC books: $25.00.

Add $1.50 for each additional raw book, up to 4.40 lbs.

Europe will be less, other locations at cost, please ask me via PM.

Italian books weight more so generally speaking 1-2 books will weight like 3-4 US books, except where noted.

Many thanks for looking! :hi:

L’Uomo Ragno v2 #100 (1992) VF/NM

Anniversary issue of the italian Spidey title, relaunched in 1987. John Romita (which came to Lucca in 1991) designed an exclusive commemorative cover specifically for this issue, which to my knowledge has not been printed elsewhere. I also think it’s one of the few occasions in which Romita portrays Venom and the Black Cat.

Don’t know if CGC allows slabbing of squarebound thick books (this is 100 pages) but could be great for a Romita SS series.

$25

LUomoRagno_v2_No_100_f.jpg

LUomoRagno_v2_No_100_r.jpg

Marvel Graphic Novel Strip #1 (1992) VF/NM

This is magazine sized.

Luciano Secchi, to which we owe the publication of Marvel Comics in Italy, went on with his publishing venture MBP, and in the rise of Marvel new italian editions in the early 1990s he started publishing the Siper-Man newspaper strips. He’s a friend of John Romita so, once again, John drew exclusive covers to this italian edition.

$22

LUomoRagno_GNS_No_1_f.jpg

LUomoRagno_GNS_No_1_r.jpg

Ghost #10 F/VF, #11 VF, #12 VF (1995)

Italian edition of the 1990s Ghost Rider, presenting Ghost Rider and Spirits of Vengeance. These three issues feature a super-cool composition cover from italian artist Giuseppe Palumbo.

#10 includes an iron-on transfer of both Ghost’s blazing skull and the Ghost logo (click on the thumbnails to see full images).

$24 for the set.

GhostNo_10_f.jpg

th_GhostNo_11_f.jpgth_GhostNo_12_f.jpgth_GhostNo_10_int01.jpgth_GhostNo_10_int02.jpgth_GhostNo_10-11-12.jpg

Fantastici Quattro v3 #100 (1993) VF-

Commemorative issue of the italian Fantastic Four, with a cover specially designed by John Byrne for the occasion, which to my knowledge has not been published elsewhere.

This is a 96pp. squarebound book, as the Romita Uomo Ragno, and weights more or less like 3 USA comic books.

$10

FantasticiQuattro_v2_No_100_f.jpg

FantasticiQuattro_v2_No_100_r.jpg

Shipping: I will ship anywhere. Shipping charges from Italy are insanely high, so I’ll try my best to optimize combined shipping costs; if you want sturdier packaging at cost, I’ll be glad to accomodate any request.

Unless shipping is included in selling price, cost is as follows:

U.S. and Canada:

1-3 raw books: $11.00,

4 and above: $18.00 up to 2.20 lbs. (also fine for 1 CGC book).
2 CGC books: $25.00.

Add $1.50 for each additional raw book, up to 4.40 lbs.

Europe will be less, other locations at cost, please ask me via PM.

Italian books weight more so generally speaking 1-2 books will weight like 3-4 US books, except where noted.

Many thanks for looking! :hi:

Hi Claudio,

based on my personal experience (european seller) I can tell that you are offering VERY COMPETITIVE shipping rates.

Good luck with your sales, some very nice book in there.

Hi Matteo, thank you for visiting. :hi:

Well, I have seen the spanish Postal Service is a lot cheaper, so you’re luckier. :D

I have averaged more or less the actual shipping costs the Poste Italiane charge. I have to see if sending by regular parcel allows some savings on book lots, but I understand that for a US collector interested in just a pair of items the shipping charges are awfully high.

I have just bought a copy of Provolinus, with the first italian edition of Fantastic Four #5. :cloud9: