• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Archie's Pal Jughead #3

12 posts in this topic

This copy has no spine rips or popped staples and is flat except for a partial full-book bend (as seen on the lower right side). I think that might be pressable. There are some small color breaks on the the crease, but nothing untoward. Perhaps a cleaning is in order too? The gloss is good on the cover and I think it would clean up nicely. Anwyay, I defer to the experts.

P.S. the "extra paper" you see on the lower rhc is the result of one of those wierd printing errors (where the paper doesn't get cut properly during the triming stage). It's awkwardly folded in currently.

794933-6.jpg

794933-7.jpg

4.5 sounds right and as to the press and clean, there are some real miracle workers out there, but it's totally a personal decision and if the flaws are workable. I've got my first press books at CGC now and I can't wait to see what Joey was able to do with them (thumbs u

I think it could get a 4.5.

Cool book!

Thanks! So, to press and clean or not...(I know it's a personal decision if you plan to keep it, but I'm curious to know if people will think it'll help and if they would do it if this book were in their collection)

Personally, I wouldn't press and clean. It's a nice looking book, but pressing isn't going to help out the the biggest problem of color breaking creases. I don't think it would be a money wise descision, unless your already sending Joey books and then to CGC and have this one included with the lot. 2c

Well, I'm mainly hoping that he (joey) can clean up the yellow field on the front cover. It looks dirty and I have a feeling it'll really pop.

True, the color break can't be helped, but at least it's over yellow and not blue! The problem is that there is still a substantial bend in the book on that very spot, and you can feel it though the bag. That must go I think. The book presents too well otherwise (IMHO)