• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Batman 171 - Let's try this again UPDATED

28 posts in this topic

Well looks like a got screwed and I made a total newb move!!! The comic returned as a 0.5!!!! The seller failed to disclose that the centerfold is missing!!!

Can anyone help a guy out with what to do? I do not want to return the comic to the person because well, I spent the money to get it graded and shipped. I feel like I would be doing them a favor if I returned it to them....is there a thread for something like this where someone got burned on ebay? The person advertised this comic as "very good." Any response will be greatly appreciated. I need my money back so I can find another 171. I am cool with a 2.5-3.5 comic as I buy low grade ones but I feel ripped because I received a 0.5.

Well looks like a got screwed and I made a total newb move!!! The comic returned as a 0.5!!!! The seller failed to disclose that the centerfold is missing!!!

Can anyone help a guy out with what to do? I do not want to return the comic to the person because well, I spent the money to get it graded and shipped. I feel like I would be doing them a favor if I returned it to them....is there a thread for something like this where someone got burned on ebay? The person advertised this comic as "very good." Any response will be greatly appreciated. I need my money back so I can find another 171. I am cool with a 2.5-3.5 comic as I buy low grade ones but I feel ripped because I received a 0.5.

It's called you learned a lesson here.I really can't understand why you would grade a book that is literally ripped in two is beyond me. (shrug)

It's called you learned a lesson here.I really can't understand why you would grade a book that is literally ripped in two is beyond me. (shrug)

I know - I am adding it to my collection - not interested in selling it. The rip was on the interior so it will not be seen. All I can afford is a lower grade copy as the higher grades are in the hundreds.

Get your money back, if you don't want him to have it slabbed then crack it out. Keep the label to prove its well below what he said. As for the cost of shipping and slabbing, lesson learned.

You should bring the issue to the seller's attention, but maybe ask for a partial refund and see what they'll do for you?

If the .5 offends you then you can crack it and put it into a nice sleeve and enjoy it as is with only you knowing it is missing the centerfold. Or just frame it as is and know you've got a copy even if it's incomplete? That all depends on how offended you are knowing that the centerfold is missing regardless of what you paid for it.

+1

Hence my advise on the last page.

I'd agree with everyone who is just saying lesson learnt. You can chase the seller for a partial refund or return it but how much did you pay for it in the first place? Would it be worth it?

If it was me, I'd crack the slab, bag and board it and drop it into your collection.

I'm not sure how you can read it and not notice the centerfold was missing, but...the first thing I learned when I found the eBay chatboard years ago, was that SA books all have 16 leaves, or 8 pages on each side of the staple and you should count the pages each time you receive a book.Best advice I ever got, I had no clue before that about the pages.