• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First time asking about Ebay Buyer/Seller anyone deal with bongo2001

33 posts in this topic

oh and the best is with his payment he tells me

"Please package safely and securely including placing comic between 2 pieces of strong cardboard in a sturdy box.

Thank you very much!"

so many things I want to tell him...

trying to think of the most annoying (but secure and safe) way I can ship his book possible....

Use a whole roll of shipping tape.

thats what I thought, you know just to make sure its REALLY secure....

anyone know where I can buy the most static-y smallest shipping peanuts possible?

"Please package safely and securely including placing comic between 2 pieces of strong cardboard in a sturdy box.

Thank you very much!"

trying to think of the most annoying (but secure and safe) way I can ship his book possible....

Ah yessss! After dragging his feet for weeks on making payment, he gives the lecture on how to pack. Yeah, I thought that was pretty :eyeroll: too.

Well, if you're looking for packing input - might I suggest the packing tape mummy? :grin:

Thank you very much!"

Ah yessss! After dragging his feet for weeks on making payment, he gives the lecture on how to pack. Yeah, I thought that was pretty :eyeroll: too.

Well, if you're looking for packing input - might I suggest the packing tape mummy? :grin:

yeah what I want to say is:

"well since you seem open to giving me advice on how to be a proper ebay seller, I assume you are just as open to advice on how to be a proper ebay buyer. Don't take 10 days to pay, require 2 invoices, a non-payment case being opened, and then expect me to jump to make you happy. I meet and exceed my seller obligations with communication, and good/fast shipping. Can you say the same for how you handle your seller obligations?"

but Im not going to say that, cause that'll just invite further problems, and last thing I want is more bongo shenanigans.

Thank you very much!"

Use a whole roll of shipping tape.

thats what I thought, you know just to make sure its REALLY secure....

anyone know where I can buy the most static-y smallest shipping peanuts possible?

Just take the packing peanuts and crumble them as small as possible. Then after putting them in the box, pour baby powder into the box.... :devil:

just resurfacing the most recent bongo thread, which also has a link to the older one...

Bongo2001 still doing the same buy it, and then wait until every double, triple notice has been made before finally getting around to paying.

yeah there's a difference between not paying and taking forever to pay, but it means sellers have to go thru the trouble of opening a non-payment bidder report, and pushing for payment.... why go thru the hassle?

after this transaction is completed, he's going on by blocked bidder list.

Kyle pays. He just religiously takes two to three weeks to get around to it, and requires a follow-up invoice to do so.

I realize it is annoying, and I considered blocking him a few times. But then he comes back repeatedly to buy more. So if I am not trying to turn around a purchase quickly, I tolerate it. But there are times I just want to be done with his approach.

Oddly enough, I pointed him to a few of these threads, sharing the reputation he is building with many well-stocked sellers. His response:

lol Thanks for the note/reminder -- please don't believe everything you read on the CGC forum. I've never been on there but I know some folks have severely stretched the truth (one guy was allegedly saying I paid late when I paid within 5 days and his auction had no payment timeframe -- then he broke the law but refusing to send me the comic).

I don't think I have ever had him pay in 5 days.

(shrug)

I have never read about Bongo NOT paying.

He pays late - seems like he always will.

If you are so desperate you need cash within 7 days - well block him.

He always pays - just likes a little sport.

Cut the guy some slack.

just resurfacing the most recent bongo thread, which also has a link to the older one...

Bongo2001 still doing the same buy it, and then wait until every double, triple notice has been made before finally getting around to paying.

yeah there's a difference between not paying and taking forever to pay, but it means sellers have to go thru the trouble of opening a non-payment bidder report, and pushing for payment.... why go thru the hassle?

Kyle pays. He just religiously takes two to three weeks to get around to it, and requires a follow-up invoice to do so.

I realize it is annoying, and I considered blocking him a few times. But then he comes back repeatedly to buy more. So if I am not trying to turn around a purchase quickly, I tolerate it. But there are times I just want to be done with his approach.

Oddly enough, I pointed him to a few of these threads, sharing the reputation he is building with many well-stocked sellers. His response:

lol Thanks for the note/reminder -- please don't believe everything you read on the CGC forum. I've never been on there but I know some folks have severely stretched the truth (one guy was allegedly saying I paid late when I paid within 5 days and his auction had no payment timeframe -- then he broke the law but refusing to send me the comic).

(shrug)

Yeah, right. We're all "stretching the truth" but I'm supposed to believe someone somewhere actually got this guy to pay in less than 5 days?

So board members who dislike dealing with his delayed-payment game are "severely stretching the truth"(i.e. liers)? And if someone doesn't want to complete a transaction with him for that reason they are "breaking the law"?

I find it interesting that someone who has such an elastic view of what "timely payment" means has no problem making such concrete moral statements.

Cut the guy some slack.

I'm not on Ebay for his amusement. If he wants "sport" he needs to go to the circus.

Feel free to cut him some slack. As far as I'm concerned, he stays blocked.

(shrug)

Yeah, right. We're all "stretching the truth" but I'm supposed to believe someone somewhere actually got this guy to pay in less than 5 days?

So board members who dislike dealing with his delayed-payment game are "severely stretching the truth"(i.e. liers)? And if someone doesn't want to complete a transaction with him for that reason they are "breaking the law"?

I find it interesting that someone who has such an elastic view of what "timely payment" means has no problem making such concrete moral statements.

and expecting sellers to be timely in their shipments and meet HIS shipping expectations.

I state in my auctions that payment is expected in 2 days, I set my auctions for 2 days for payment. He took 10 days to pay, and does so with no regard to seller's settings, instead just BARELY beating eBay's standard timeline for non-payment claims (which exist outside of the sellers individual settings).

Giving a break is for when a break is due. If a buyer PMs me that he has a paypal problem, or was w/o a connection, I'll cut him a break due to extenuating circumstances, Bongo just has a MO that he wont pay until he absolute has to. Its like people who pay their bills, but only once they go to collections.

He also communicates ZERO times, until its about HIS expectations for the sale/shipping. Ignoring my messages asking for payment status.

Cut the guy some slack.

If he wants sport he should take up a hobby.

This is a business transaction, not play time.

I try to be a quality seller by invoicing fast, communicating well, and shipping securely and quickly when I'm the seller.

He is not trying to be a quality buyer.

Hes trying to be the crappiest buyer possible just short of getting his account dinged.

That doesn't deserve slack. That deserve's a kick in the pants.

Its not desperation for cash, its expectation of being proper.

oh and since he thinks people are exaggerating ...

Auction Closed on 2/10

Invoiced twice with messages asking for payment status

Opened non-payment case on 2/16 the first day I could after reading about his shenanigans

Bongo paid on 2/20 the last day he could before I could cancel the transaction with no penalty and ding him for non payment.

fruRaHc.png