• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New CGC Arrivals

3 posts in this topic

Lookie what done came in the mailz!

Well after about 5 months I got my economy submission in the mail yesterday. I'm very conflicted with this order. Some books were way better than I expected, others worse, and on top of that I have another dilemma.

I am first and foremost a hobby enthusiast. I have loved comics since I was a child and am now in my 30s so I don't expect this is something I will ever "outgrow". My main interest is to collect, read and all around enjoy what the medium has to offer. Having said all that, I also know the economy of comics and like to flip books for profit when I can. This money usually goes toward a book I intend to keep.

So out of this last batch of books I have the following:

Avengers #3 5.0

Amazing Spider-Man #23 8.0

X-Men #26 8.5

X-Men #29 7.0

X-Men #63 8.5

X-Men #65 8.0

X-Men #94 7.5

I submitted all of these books with the intention of keeping them except the Spidey #23. I won this off eBay for an insanely cheap price and thought it had a shot at a 7.0, and a stab in the dark at a 7.5. I was really surprised at the 8.0 and before I could think of the very nice profit my brain just started chanting "keep it keep it keep it". And ultimately I think I have to, it's just so pretty.

Does anyone else ever do this? I mean I know we all struggle with what to let go of in this hobby from time to time, but do you ever set out purely to flip a great deal and it ends up so nice you can't do it?

And one last comment on this group of books, I think I am happiest with the X-Men 26 in 8.5. Not because i's valuable or I have an attachment to that particular issue but because I got such a great deal on it. I am working on a graded X-Men run so I am glad to have it but somehow it slipped through the cracks on eBay one day for 20 something bucks. Not bad for an 8.5 twelve center!

Here is a picture of the loot. Hope everyone else is finding some great deals on their own gems!

See more journals by GamingEtc 8799_530517906978130_1716766770_n.jpg