• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about the Patriot.

8 posts in this topic

I have not read all that many GA Timelys,so please bear with me. The Patriot story reprinted in Marvel Super-Heroes 16 is one of the worst pieces of drek I have ever come across. Somebody,please,tell me that this is not a typical Patriot story. Can someone recommend some reprinted storys to get the bile taste out of my mouth.

Also,can someone tell which bronze age Marvels reprinted some Venus storys?

In my own opinion, many of Timely's stories were second rate. The covers and the art are what make those books so interesting.

Venus stories were reprinted in Marvel Spotlight #2, and Weird Wonder Tales #16-18.

In my own opinion, many of Timely's stories were second rate. The covers and the art are what make those books so interesting.

Venus stories were reprinted in Marvel Spotlight #2, and Weird Wonder Tales #16-18.

Doiby! an excellent post, concise and helpful. I feel like welcoming you to the boards with that low post count of yours!

thumbsup2.gif

an excellent post, concise and helpful

Aw, shucks...

And, yeah, my post count is low, I have lots of catching up to do!

I have not read all that many GA Timelys,so please bear with me. The Patriot story reprinted in Marvel Super-Heroes 16 is one of the worst pieces of drek I have ever come across. Somebody,please,tell me that this is not a typical Patriot story. Can someone recommend some reprinted storys to get the bile taste out of my mouth.

Also,can someone tell which bronze age Marvels reprinted some Venus storys?

Venus in Marvel Spotlight #2 & Weird Wonder Tales #16-18. If you look in the Overstreet next to VENUS (See Marvel Spotlight #2 & Weird Wonder Tales).

Some of the lesser Timely characters were a little lame. What comes to mind for me is the first The Fin story in Daring Mystery Comics #7. Not only could this guy not explain how he could "somehow" breathe under water, but it's a little violent with him shooting the mysterious creatures left & right. He wasn't very pollitically correct or concerned with endangered spieces either! 27_laughing.gif

Like many folk my age(45) I first read these charcters in The Invaders,The Liberty Legion and GS Avengers.Trying to sort out those characters from the 40s/50s tales reprinted in MarvelSuperHeros and others was tough.Somehow I came away from the bronze age stories thinking the Patiot was some icon,I guess I was wrong.

Fantasy Masterpieces from the late 60's reprinted many GA Timely stories!

You can also buy the Cap #1-10 hardcover set that came out 10 years ago, well worth the $60!

West