• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boardies thoughts on authenticity of a Kirby Sig?

16 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Seller thinks it's legit. I agree. But I wanted to get every ones thoughts on it. I am by far not the expert on Kirby sigs, and some of you are infinitely more knowledgeable then myself! lol

DSCN5977.JPG

Cheers,

Troy

It looks like one sloppy sig but close enough for me (shrug)

Here's a better pic...

JIM83kirbynoway.jpg

:gossip: It's not even close to every other one I've seen.

It's been consistent on most books, and pieces of artwork, that I've seen over the years.

JackKirbySignature.jpg

kirbysig.gif

If it's real, it's sloppy, and it's so far removed from his standard and recognized signature that it adds no value to that book any more than anyone else scribbling their name on it would.

I could see someone throwing an extra couple of bucks at a book with a Kirby sig that looked like the sig I have seen on dozens of books and pieces of artwork but there's no premium to be had on something that looks like this with no authentication.

If it's real, it's sloppy, and it's so far removed from his standard and recognized signature that it adds no value to that book any more than anyone else scribbling their name on it would.

I could see someone throwing an extra couple of bucks at a book with a Kirby sig that looked like the sig I have seen on dozens of books and pieces of artwork but there's no premium to be had on something that looks like this with no authentication.

Thanks guys! You have helped me out greatly on this one!

:hail: