• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

:facepalm:

MCS Damage 12-1-12

MCS Damage Control 12-3-12

Bringing closure to the original question raised by this thread: today I spoke with our consignment director Matt Griffin and company owner Buddy Saunders about the way that X-Men #96 was scanned. Both were embarrassed and dumbfounded that one of our employees would scan a comic that way. Matt reviewed the book and sees some creasing that he thinks may have been added in the scanning process, knocking the book down from an 8.5 to 8.0.

I'm not aware of anything like this happening prior to this item. To make sure it does not happen again, our updated policy for product images is that if something on the splash page or interior of a comic requires an image, only digital camera images will be used so that the cover doesn't have to be opened far to obtain the image. Absolutely no flatbed scans for interiors. Matt has reviewed the improper handling of the X-Men #96 and our updated policy for scanning with the appropriate employees.

I've pulled the auction, contacted the consignor, and we'll be buying it from him at a price he is happy with. We'll resell it as an 8.0.

Top Reply

New MCS Damage 12-23-12

133117.jpg

MCS Damage 12-1-12

MCS Damage Control 12-3-12

Bringing closure to the original question raised by this thread: today I spoke with our consignment director Matt Griffin and company owner Buddy Saunders about the way that X-Men #96 was scanned. Both were embarrassed and dumbfounded that one of our employees would scan a comic that way. Matt reviewed the book and sees some creasing that he thinks may have been added in the scanning process, knocking the book down from an 8.5 to 8.0.

I'm not aware of anything like this happening prior to this item. To make sure it does not happen again, our updated policy for product images is that if something on the splash page or interior of a comic requires an image, only digital camera images will be used so that the cover doesn't have to be opened far to obtain the image. Absolutely no flatbed scans for interiors. Matt has reviewed the improper handling of the X-Men #96 and our updated policy for scanning with the appropriate employees.

I've pulled the auction, contacted the consignor, and we'll be buying it from him at a price he is happy with. We'll resell it as an 8.0.

Top Reply

New MCS Damage 12-23-12

133117.jpg

:popcorn:

I tried to make you a better looking avatar for Christmas...

...since I might have had something to do with your current one. :whistle:

133189.gif

But it looked like crappola when I shrank it...

133190.gif

Flee I ain't. :P

Oh well, Happy Holidays anyway. :)

Merry (belated) Xmas to all my Secret Chatroom homeys. Hope you had a good one. I was down for the count for a few days with the flu. :tonofbricks:

However, my daughter had a wonderful Xmas, so it was still pretty good. And, we get to do it all again this weekend with my parents as we couldn't make it down this year due to my illness.

Merry (belated) Xmas to all my Secret Chatroom homeys. Hope you had a good one. I was down for the count for a few days with the flu. :tonofbricks:

However, my daughter had a wonderful Xmas, so it was still pretty good. And, we get to do it all again this weekend with my parents as we couldn't make it down this year due to my illness.

Happy holidays!

Hope you're feeling better. So far I've avoided the flu. I thought for sure I was going to catch it from one of my nephews.