• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

I can't imagine why this didn't sell? hm

JCNRiHj.jpg

It has a bid, but doubt he'll make the sale. lol Hacked account I'm guessing?

It's been read

I'd laugh if one of his shills left positive FB.

"A+++++ Seller, shipping chrgs a little steep @$900K for media, but arrvd super-fast w great pkging. Would buy again!!"

Railgun

Finally! :banana:

0 to Mach 7 in 10 milliseconds. Capable of hitting a target 110 nautical miles away compared to the current 13 nautical miles.

Just wow.

I concur. That's a really cool way to blow mess up.

Railgun

0 to Mach 7 in 10 milliseconds. Capable of hitting a target 110 nautical miles away compared to the current 13 nautical miles.

Just wow.

I have to imagine this complements the current AWAC and drone technology extremely well.

Railgun

Just wow.

I have to imagine this complements the current AWAC and drone technology extremely well.

That HAS to be a huge game changer, right?

Depends on practicality and how much it actually costs to fire the damn thing lol

I imagine with proper R&D funding we are looking at the terrible future of warfare right here.

This opens the possibility of HANDHELD electromagnet guns.

Railgun

Just wow.

That HAS to be a huge game changer, right?

Well...I think it depends on the time frame. Currently, there's not much the fleet fears in open waters. They deploy AWACs and drones beyond the ship radar boundaries to extend their sphere of detection. China has a silkworm missile that the U.S. is worried about. And when the fleet is close to shore they are vulnerable to small craft. Other than that, not much can get near our forces.

But everything is going to change soon. Drones, both aquatic and aerial are set to replace human pilots. So the detection sphere will increase in diameter. Having a gun that can accurately hit something 100 miles away, and with more force than conventional artillery will be a huge asset.

One huge potential benefit of this technology is the space application, and I find it super exciting. It's theoretically possible to launch either satellites or raw materials into space cheaply using this technology. One could imagine shuttles filled with astronaut-mechanics assembling large space craft or orbiting stations with building material sent into orbit with a variation of the railgun. Or, raw materials sent into space could be used as kinetic energy bombs (no radioactivity, but similar in destructive force to a small nuclear bomb).

Anyone see the most recent episode of The Americans?

:eek::sick:

A little hard to watch. If you've seen the episode, you'll know immediately what I'm talking about.

Also, a guilty pleasure, I'm watching 12 Monkeys on SyFy. It's sorta like a cross between Time Tunnel and Terminator.

Backward CPR

Amazing Spider-Man # 7 CGC 5.0 Ditko **2nd Vulture** Silver Age

"Book was regraded through CGC. Graders were having a bad day as they graded this book lower than it's original grade. Original grade CGC 6.0 (last picture)"

:cry:

Graded 11/7/13

$_57.JPG

Graded 5/20/14

$_57.JPG

Amazing isn't how when a comic gets regraded and goes down in grade, it's because the graders are having a "bad day: Maybe they got it wrong the first time.

God, I hate these insufficiently_thoughtful_persons.

Amazing isn't how when a comic gets regraded and goes down in grade, it's because the graders are having a "bad day: Maybe they got it wrong the first time.

Probably a little from column A, a little from column B...

Yup. Or, it was damaged during CPR. Watching all these novice pressers, it's a wonder to me that this doesn't happen more often.

Shelley, you're a healthy minded guy. Do you know anything about coconut oil?

Ha! Not really. I had an awesome massage with some once...but I can't really talk about that here. :blush:

Of course you can.

Unless it was a dude giving you the massage.

That you can post in the moderation forum.

Shelley, you're a healthy minded guy. Do you know anything about coconut oil?

Ha! Not really. I had an awesome massage with some once...but I can't really talk about that here. :blush:

Of course you can.

Unless it was a dude giving you the massage.

That you can post in he moderation forum.

Because....making friends