• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

Gilbert U-238 Atomic Energy Lab

enhanced-buzz-18289-1354293253-9.jpg

Only available from 1951-1952, this science kit for CHILDREN included 4 types of uranium ore, a Geiger counter, a comic called "Dagwood Spits The Atom" and a coupon for ordering MORE radioactive materials. One of the four uranium ores included was Po-210 (Polonium) which, by mass, is 250,000 times more toxic than hydrogen cyanide. "Merry Christmas Kevin, here's that giant box of poison you asked for."

I wonder if anyone here has the comic book?

7927116_1.jpgDagwood-Splits-the-Atom.jpg

Original Batmobile Being Sold at Auction for 1st Time

137874_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

Auction Link

History of Batmobile Link

The first and some would say greatest of all Batmobiles, the one that started it all, is going on sale for the first time at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Scottsdale, Arizona, on January 19th, 2013. This is the iconic Batmobile made by legendary car customizer George Barris for the 1966 Batman television series starring Adam West in the title role. It still has all the Batgadgets even the most covetous and demanding of comic nerds could wish for and a pre-Bat history that the most covetous and demanding of car nerds could only dream of.

Lincoln-Futura-1955.jpg

Futura-rear.jpg

futura-lot.jpg

batmobile-lincoln-futura.jpg

Just finished the latest Spider-Man movie.

Well, it's official. I can now say that I don't like any Spider-Man movie ever made. :P

I'm so glad I didn't see this in the theater. Blu-ray with discount code means I only wasted $1.08.