• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Arizona Comic Con - Jan 25, 26, 27

81 posts in this topic

I had a fun day yesterday, my friend and helped waited in line for like four hours to get some Jim Lee books signed. I can't wait to see the Wildcats gold cover, it looked like 9.8 for sure. I talked with several horror buffs, one guy from a booth selling fezes (is that the plural of fez?) we chatted for a long time yesterday and today I brought him some Creepy buttons. He can back and stared at me for like 15-30 minutes. A little while later he brought back an awesome sketch he had done of me and the Mike's Rack logo. I'll have to get a scan up when I get a chance. I also got to talk with a guy who would bike 15 miles as a kid growing up in the east Valley, to the nearest convenience store to pick up books in the early 60's he asked about Superman annual #1 and I happens to have one, he remembered buying it off the rack. I don't meet many Arizona collectors from the early 60's so that was fun. Harley left yesterday to head to Terry O'neil's show in California so I had to buy some books if I didn't want to miss him. I pretty much spent all my profits on a really nice copy of Weird Tales of the Future #2 with a great Wolverton "Brain Bats of Venus" cover. That will go into the vault.

Still having a blast Brian, wish you were here :acclaim: