• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some insight please (superman 204 rrp)

4 posts in this topic

ive gotten my hands on a graded copy of this book at 9.8. now i know how a lot of you feel about this book, that books like this are at the very best not worth the hoopla that surrounds them, but still the demand is there and ive gotten one before the said sept reissue of rrp. with the wizard and every other nut yelling at the top of their lungs what a find this is, its sure to get picked up for a substantial amount. now my question to you guys (which youve always been able to answer with AMAZING ACCURACY---at least 90%) is what price should this book be sold for? im not waiting for it to get any closer to sept and wanna unload this book fast. man when did comics get to be like stock trading? thanks gents.

I haven't been tracking this book, but when I went to sell my Supes/Bats RRP, I did a search on finished auctions on eBay. Set a BIN a somewhere between the mid-range price and the high. Someone will pop it.

ive gotten my hands on a graded copy of this book at 9.8. now i know how a lot of you feel about this book, that books like this are at the very best not worth the hoopla that surrounds them, but still the demand is there and ive gotten one before the said sept reissue of rrp. with the wizard and every other nut yelling at the top of their lungs what a find this is, its sure to get picked up for a substantial amount. now my question to you guys (which youve always been able to answer with AMAZING ACCURACY---at least 90%) is what price should this book be sold for? im not waiting for it to get any closer to sept and wanna unload this book fast. man when did comics get to be like stock trading? thanks gents.

I'd let it run. Put an INSANE BIN on it and see what happens.

confused.gif

ive gotten my hands on a graded copy of this book at 9.8.

You have a Superman 204 RRP CGC 9.8?

now i know how a lot of you feel about this book, that books like this are at the very best not worth the hoopla that surrounds them, but still the demand is there

For now... as soon as the next RRP meeting is here in the US where they will give them out again and say that there is another "limited to 200, 400, 500... copies", the price will go down because people have dealer friends attending who can get these to them for cheap. The reason the Batman 608 RRP went up and is holding (somewhat) is due to it being the first one and really only distributed at one meeting and no future meetings.

and ive gotten one before the said sept reissue of rrp. with the wizard and every other nut yelling at the top of their lungs what a find this is, its sure to get picked up for a substantial amount.

Unless you are dealing directly with someone who has expressed past interest comparable to your buying price for the book, then nothing is certain. I know I would rather wait on my US connections than splurge now for the CGC 9.8 grade.

now my question to you guys (which youve always been able to answer with AMAZING ACCURACY---at least 90%) is what price should this book be sold for?

Maybe you can convince someone who is eager enough to pay waht you did plus a few hundred more? I doubt any higher than $2K... especially since most people know that they can wait until September and get it from $500 and up...

im not waiting for it to get any closer to sept and wanna unload this book fast. man when did comics get to be like stock trading? thanks gents.

Flipping for profit has always been tough and is not recommended to those who can't live with the consequences should they have to eat the bad investment. If you want to unload the book fast, then place it up on eBay with a 0.99 cent starting bid and no reserve and no BIN and let it run...that is the way to unload any comic fast... I think you are asking "How do I unload this hot potato without incurring a loss on my initial price paid, while at the same time maximizing my profits?" to which I would answer - Good Luck!

I am waiting for this book when it comes stateside...