• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sweaty palms ruining comics

44 posts in this topic

Anyone have problems with sweaty palms damaging their comics? My biggest problem is going to the shop and picking out comics. When I hold onto a comic long enough, my palms start to sweat and it ruins the comic. I've considered wearing latex gloves into the shop but then I'd look like a murderer. I've asked about handcarts, but my shop doesn't offer them.

Anyone else have this problem? What measures have you taken to remedy it?

That's why all Grimm's Fairy Tales must be immediately slabbed....to many sweaty palms because of all the tittilage.

Actually, the reason I ask is that my palms sweat more than normal, I think, but it's because I worked with my hands for years as a mechanic.

Everybody's body is different. Just take whatever measures you can to not sweat on your comics...or spill any other bodily fluids.

That should just about end it for this thread, right?

The stuff is amazing, really.

Porsche switched from aluminum engine blocks in the late 1960's to magnesium engine blocks. The stuff was really brittle (not very flexible, so engines didn't contract/expand well and tended to leak oil) but it was so light that if you could get the engines to stop leaking it was a thing of beauty.

It was freakish how light but strong the metal was.

They switched back to aluminium in the early/mid 70's again because of leaking problems.

It would be the equivalent of adamantium in comics.

I bring one of these with me..

http://www.amazon.com/BCW-Comic-Book-Storage-Portfolio/dp/B002AT8QKU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1352910833&sr=8-2&keywords=comic+box

I show them that it is empty when I arrive so they know I am not trying to steal from them.

Find a copy I like,box it and buy it. I never worry about my (or the cashier's) hands ruining nice copies.