• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action 1 - Charlie Sheen

30 posts in this topic

Let's just say that back in the '80's, Charlie was perhaps not in the sharpest frame of mind.... insane.gif This could have been passed off to him as NM!

He probably asked for the book without a grade and this is what he got from his dealers, he might not have even seen it before he bought it!

Well, it was graded June 24.....of this year.

Grade Date 06/24/2004

Title Action Comics

Issue 1

Issue Date 6/38

Publisher D.C. Comics

Country

Variant

Pedigree

Category Apparent SP

Grade 6.5

PageQuality OFF-WHITE

GradeText Restoration includes: tear seals spine splits sealed reinforced cover cleaned.

ArtComment Jerry Siegel and Fred Guardineer story

KeyCommentA Origin and first appearance

KeyCommentB of Superman.

Issue Year 1938

How come Charlie didn't get a mention on the label? Not in the same league as his buddy Nic Cage I guess. 27_laughing.gif

I'd rather have book say from the collection of Charlie Sheen than Dallas Stevens.

Just curious but what the deal with Dallas Stephens? Everyone is so negative about his collection? Is it becase he is aligned with Chuckles?

How come Charlie didn't get a mention on the label? Not in the same league as his buddy Nic Cage I guess. 27_laughing.gif

I'd rather have book say from the collection of Charlie Sheen than Dallas Stevens.

Just curious but what the deal with Dallas Stephens? Everyone is so negative about his collection? Is it becase he is aligned with Chuckles?

Because 1. I never heard of him before. At least Nic Cage is interesting conversation piece that you could probably mention to someone who doesn't collect and they might find interesting but if you say Dallas Stephens they will say Ah OK?

2. To be honest most of the stuff I have seen from his collection wasn't that high grade, or even rare. There were a few. Maybe I just missed it all when it first hit the market?

Anyway I just don't think books from his collection deserved a label stating he owned them.

I don't think any "collections" deserve any names on them. Pedigrees, as I understand how they are defined, should be noted on the label. Just because you submit thousands of books to CGC shouldn't allow you a special "From the collection of" noting.

Charlie just sold off an unholy expensive sports memorabilia collection in Lelands' All Star Game auction. Guess he just got sick of collectibles confused-smiley-013.gif

I don't think any "collections" deserve any names on them. Pedigrees, as I understand how they are defined, should be noted on the label. Just because you submit thousands of books to CGC shouldn't allow you a special "From the collection of" noting.

Right on, Shield. It leads to thinking like this, as written in the auction: "the piece will come with a letter of authenticity from Mr. Sheen himself identifying it as the one and only “Sheen Copy.” That makes this one of the most special Action 1’s and one of the most desired comic books extant."

So it sounds like all Mr. Sheen has to do is buy a comic book and then flip it, because it is now one of the most special and desired specimens of that book. confused.gifgrin.gif