• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the story behind the Tony Christopher collection?

4 posts in this topic

I am sure there are more experts than I but to start off - Tony C had a fairly massive collection of Kirby art (slanted towards earlier work) that when he sold it many years ago depressed Kirby prices a bit...but not for long!!

Tony pretty much had everything early Silver Age Kirby- art wise. He started buying complete books direct from the Kirby estate back in 1990? and other comic art dealers of that time who just happened to possess whole Kirby books. His check list looked like someones SA comic book list. You would cry if you knew what these were going for back then. I think there was an article about it in an old issue of Jack Kirby collector. I always found him to be generous in trade and relentless in his pursuit of the right page. A legend in comic book art collecting imho.