• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big Apple Comic Book Show ....

16 posts in this topic

Dungeon, you know I'm on that! grin.gif If there is a Joe 21 in 9.8 at that con, I'll find it grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

PS - I still got those others waiting in the box for whenever you want them : )

LET ALL THE WORLD KNOW - DUNGEON IS A VERY FAIR AND HONEST BUYER AND A GOOD GUY!!! I WOULD DO BUSINESS WITH AGAIN ANYTIME!!!

DAM

thanks...except for the guy part. wink.gif (you know what I mean...my secret identity)... I equally think of David (Dam60) as a great person who brings a lot of integrity and enthusiasm to this board. Let me know what you find at the show!

I already know that... wink.gif You'll receive 4 comics from me (Avengers #10, Daredevil #131, Daredevil #43, and Uncanny x-men #136)... Frederic, from the comics shop "Editions Déesse" in Paris, will bring them for me... Please, give him my greetings...

Thanks Steve.

I was at the a NY show (National convention was the name I think) last fall. There was a dealer there with quarter bins (picked up some alpha flights for reading). Hope the same dealer will be there this time as well.

Just got back from the show an hour ago...it was mobbed. The turnout was huge compared to the other Big Apple Cons I've been to. Submitted a few books to CGC to beat the price increase, bought 4 CGC 9.8 various modern Marvel books (will probably put 3 of them up on eBay for resale), the original cover art to a Shi issue by Billy Tucci, 3 TPBs, a Spawn/Batman combo pack (it was only $3 and I had to see this Miller/McFarlane team-up for myself), a ton of reading material (mostly DC Millennium Edition reprints) and two copies of X-Men #145 to replace the one I accidentally folded over recently. I left the con with only a $1 bill and some change left to my name. shocked.gif

Also had a chance to meet Dam60 in person and also watched him try to lead a rousing rendition of "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall" in a talent show contest where you could win free Daredevil movie tickets (he succeeded). Capped off the day by meeting Blazing Bob...he was in a good mood and we shared some laughs at the expense of various other Forum members (heh heh).

All in all, a very good time. Looking forward already to the April show!

Gene

Sorry for the delayed response, didn't see this post till this AM.

Yeah, I was going to threaten to take my shirt off for the DD tickets, but 99 bottles of beer on the wall had the potential to be a real crowd pleaser grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Will definitely keep you all posted when I see it on Thursday the 13th.

DAM