• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NC COMICON '12 - A Journey to Tobacco Road!!!

23 posts in this topic

Congrats on a successful show Wally. I think you should change your dealer name to Wally's World.

Your inventory looks pretty sweet. What was selling and what was sitting?

Thanks! Dollar books were rolling at this show.

We sold some nice IM 55, GA Bats, BA Neal Adams Tecs, Silver Surfers and Doctors Strange.

The one thing that I noticed is that my HG raws were sitting and they folks were buying up the

mid grades of the same copy left and right.

I wonder what I can do to get the HG folks into the house other than slash prices on the

HG to basically giving them away.

:P

From my experience selling at local shows there is a lot of sticker shock. Lots of people want the quality books but most of them have a budget of $100 to $200. I love taking low grade keys as they seem to fly out the door.

Don't give up on the high grade books though, every once in a while a 'whale' will come to the booth and spend big mamma money.

Agreed

$3-$100 books are still the staple of any comic book inventory.

Yes, that makes sense and don't get me wrong I had a great show, I just always see room for improvement.

I'll just have to get more into the mid grade scene if I want to roll like the big dogs.

(thumbs u

Your sign says pre 1979 comics. There are so many younger collectors looking for modern books that you're essentially ignoring 50% or more of collectors. And every year that goes by results in more collectors looking for CA to Modern and less looking for the 'old' stuff.

Granted, I'm assuming that because you're not buying 1979 to current that you don't stock it either.

I got a lot of that in the dollar boxes, CA: ASM, IM, Caps, Black Panther, Batman, Supes etc.

Congrats on a successful show Wally. I think you should change your dealer name to Wally's World.

Your inventory looks pretty sweet. What was selling and what was sitting?

Thanks! Dollar books were rolling at this show.

We sold some nice IM 55, GA Bats, BA Neal Adams Tecs, Silver Surfers and Doctors Strange.

The one thing that I noticed is that my HG raws were sitting and they folks were buying up the

mid grades of the same copy left and right.

I wonder what I can do to get the HG folks into the house other than slash prices on the

HG to basically giving them away.

:P

If you bring those two books we talked about over to the Raleigh show on December 2nd, I'll go ahead and take em :headbang:

this isn't the worst thing given there's a good interweb HG market...let's face it, there's a recession, collectors want to collect, so they do it on a budget and buy 6 or 7 (or 10) mid-grade books instead of one HG book.