• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charity Thread for Mike Forrester's FLATROCK02 Family

248 posts in this topic

Let's get some more donations going in the last 2 weeks of the year. Maybe we'll top 15,000...

ASM #10 VG-

Shipping is on me if you're in the U.S. or Canada (if outside of U.S. or Canada and you really want this book and to help out, PM me).

All proceeds to Mike's family.

ASM10FC.jpg

ASM10BC.jpg

:takeit:

:hail:

Current total the community has raised for the family is $13,750.

I hope I'm not going to confuse anyone here, but I thought I'd offer a breakdown of sorts....

$12690 of the total comes from cash donations either straight gifts sent to Paypal or items that were donated here and purchased by boarders who sent the money through Paypal. Those numbers should be accurate, I've kept a running total.

The rest were actual gifts sent...and the amount for that figure I got from the Amazon wish list of items purchased and several gifts sent by boarders who told me what they spent. The rest I approximated from the items boarders told me they sent. I've been playing my own version of the price is right;) but I'm sure I'm pretty close.

If you sent a gift by mail, have not let me know yet and want to be included in the total, just PM me

A few people have asked if their boxes have arrived. Pauline has confirmed the ones I asked about, and I'll gladly check with her if you are wondering.

I can also call. I know she wants to thank everyone personally, but she's more than a little overwhelmed right now...she HAS answered a few emails and she is learning quickly, so I hope that she will be communicating that way in the near future:)

Sharon,

what is the total they owe for his medical bills?

There is a balance, he did have some insurance, but there is a chunk still owed that was not covered.

I did discuss finances with her, and since I have my own background in Gov, and my husband is an accountant, I think we covered quite a bit, but any questions that are personal I'd like to keep to PM.

Today was Mike's (flatrock02's) birthday. Just wanted to say we miss you buddy. Hope you're reading a bunch of nice Golden Age books up in heaven! :)

I also wanted to post this. I still send Mike's daughter Mackensie Sonic the Hedgehog or Scooby Doo comics whenever I can find them. I received this thank you card from her last week. :cloud9:

ThankYoucardfromMackensie_zps60dff258.jpg

ThankYoucardfromMackensieinside_zpsb42f62b4.jpg

For those of you who can't read it, it says:

"Dear Mr. Redmon,

Thanks for the Sonic comics. I've read them all 10 times at least!

Sincerely,

Mackensie Forrester"

Hope you and your mom are doing well Mackensie. (thumbs u

Today was Mike's (flatrock02's) birthday. Just wanted to say we miss you buddy. Hope you're reading a bunch of nice Golden Age books up in heaven! :)

I also wanted to post this. I still send Mike's daughter Mackensie Sonic the Hedgehog or Scooby Doo comics whenever I can find them. I received this thank you card from her last week. :cloud9:

ThankYoucardfromMackensie_zps60dff258.jpg

ThankYoucardfromMackensieinside_zpsb42f62b4.jpg

For those of you who can't read it, it says:

"Dear Mr. Redmon,

Thanks for the Sonic comics. I've read them all 10 times at least!

Sincerely,

Mackensie Forrester"

Hope you and your mom are doing well Mackensie. (thumbs u

Aw shucks, that is just awesome. (worship):applause: (thumbs u Nothing like making a little girl happy, especially one who has gone through so much already.

I miss Mike, I'll pick up a book I got from him and I want to pm him to thank him...or find out what great books he found.

The first time I ever spoke to Mike he PMed me to say he found most of the Sensations I had on my want list at an auction near me, just told me to be nice.

A sweet, nice man...and a good friend.

That's great artwork Mackensie sent ! (worship)

:foryou:

I did not know Mike personally, but if someone’s hears Pauline and Mackensie just remind them he left a mark this side of the ocean.

I must also remember to send something to them when the occasion arises. Mackensie appreciated the unusual stuff I sent last time and I got a card myself back then, too… hm