• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thanksgiving Bedlam sale! Quick buy deal added!

16 posts in this topic

Well i just got ripped off for almost $400 because customs decided to stop the package. The customer filed a paypal claim that they didn't receive it, even though they know customs has it. As far as paypal is concerned, since it was not delivered, I am at fault. I lose the claim. I argued til I was blue in the face, but their response was" it is the cost of doing business internationally" So guess what? No more international. You are welcome to buy it and ship to a friend in the US, and they can ship to you, but I'm done. This is the second, and last time i will lose to international customs.

Well i just got ripped off for almost $400 because customs decided to stop the package. The customer filed a paypal claim that they didn't receive it, even though they know customs has it. As far as paypal is concerned, since it was not delivered, I am at fault. I lose the claim. I argued til I was blue in the face, but their response was" it is the cost of doing business internationally" So guess what? No more international. You are welcome to buy it and ship to a friend in the US, and they can ship to you, but I'm done. This is the second, and last time i will lose to international customs.

:o

That's brutal. It's no wonder less and less people ship internationally, when PP hangs them out to dry like this.

Wouldn't customs send the books back to address of origin, though?

Was it UPS or FEDEX? Always send them USPS and declare the real value, nothing should ever be stopped sent that way. Obviously too late now, but I'd bet dollars to donuts it was either UPS or declared as gift/below value.