• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Subscription questions.

17 posts in this topic

Hey i just wanted to post this question because i am a modern collector and i was wondering if anyone out there used marvel's subscription service? Do they usually show up in good shape? i am sick of showing up at my local comic book shop on friday cause i was busy on wensday or thursday and the only comics left on the shelf have been molested by the collectors. 893naughty-thumb.gif

also is there any differences like the UPC or what not that might affect the collectibility.

Thanks 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Can you ask your LCS owner to pull, or hold back certain titles for you when they come in?

Perhaps if you throw an extra buck or two at him.. he might even handle them with kid gloves. makepoint.gif

I personally have not used a subscription service before.. so I cannot comment on them.

Z

Best of luck either way. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

yeah i asked about setting them aside and my local comic book shop owned says you have to have at least 10 monthly titles in order to enroll in it. So thats why i say [!@#%^&^] it and i will get them through a sub....

The problem is prescreens .

What you see on the shelf of your local comic book store is whats left after the owner has sent the prescreens to CGC .

What comic book store's sell now are not new NM comics but CGC rejects .

If you don't mind waiting until the end of the month to receive your books, I would highly recommend a subscription service. I use CompleteRunComics.com and they are fantastic. They offer 30% off the retail price and the shipping is very cheap and secure. thumbsup2.gif

If you don't mind waiting until the end of the month to receive your books, I would highly recommend a subscription service. I use CompleteRunComics.com and they are fantastic. They offer 30% off the retail price and the shipping is very cheap and secure. thumbsup2.gif

I use them too! smile.gif Great service. They will always answer questions you have, too.

What you see on the shelf of your local comic book store is whats left after the owner has sent the prescreens to CGC .

I find it rather surprising that your LCS actually sends newsstand books into CGC for grading. I've been to several comic shops in my city and the surrounding outskirts and not a single one of them has ever displayed a CGC slab book for sale.

I actually don't think it's that common for LCS's to be sending any books into CGC for slabbing, let alone brand new ones.

actually i am sure that there are plenty of comic shop owners who do that i know that doesn't occur at my store. It is chain so the owned is never there and the employees and manager hate CGC. For some reason they can't understand why someone would want to slab there comic where they would not be able to read it and they think the CGC slabs will start dropping in value like some people were trying to say on these forums. But yeah thanks for the link i will definetly take a look at that site. Probably need to anyways cause store is a 20 minutes drive and i am losing my liscence in a month... foreheadslap.gif

I used to have a subscription through some Usenet guy that was quite a deal but that slowly stopped coming in. Now I use Mailordercomics.com, great and cheap shipping, haven't missed a book yet, and most titles are 30-50 percent off. Plus they sell backissues in case you missed a title you wanted to read.

Brian

Just wanted to throw in that I joined CompleteRunComics.com late Friday and they went out of their way to help me get an order in today.

So far, I'm very impressed with them.

That is another reason why I went with them.

sign-offtopic.gif

why losing your license??

i got 5 speeding tickets last year. Don't know why it took them so long to catch up with me. Stupid DMV. But yeah my typing sucks too..... insane.gif

btw i signed up with them so it should be nice. Thanks for the site.