• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preferred shipping from USA to our UK mates

7 posts in this topic

So, my ASM #76 9.4 ended 2 days ago on fleeBay and lo and behold, the winner is from UK. The reason I'm surprised is that my auctions are all set so that no international bidders can bid on the auction (long story short, I've been burnt too many times on international transactions). So I just had a conversation with an ebay rep asking her how this fell through the cracks and of course, she was of no help rantrant

Well, I know alot of boardies here are from the UK and I would hate to disappoint the winner (esp. if he/she is a member here ^^ ). That being said, I've sold and shipped a number of books on that auction site and here as well so I'm familiar with the packing methods. BUT, what shipping (USPS priority? express? registered mail? insurance? delivery confirmation) should I use so that the book gets to the new owner in a timely and safe manner and so that I'm not liable in case something happens during the shipping? Any idea how much it will cost me?

Thanks in advance all !

Oh, and don't forget to mark the customs forms with 'Printed Papers'. That will stop HMRC trying to add import duty to the package (printed matter is exempt) and can save you both a huge potential ballache.

Oh, and don't forget to mark the customs forms with 'Printed Papers'. That will stop HMRC trying to add import duty to the package (printed matter is exempt) and can save you both a huge potential ballache.

Thanks for the advice ! I quoted the $40 shipping and handling fee to the buyer to see if he still wants to move forward with the transaction.

Thanks again!

Or use tarrif code 4902900000.