• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Amazing Spiderman #23

11 posts in this topic

Hi. I'm brand new to the boards. I don't own a single CGC comic but this is the one that's probably in the best condition. I'm curious what folks think it would grade as. There is a "dent" in the book towards the right side where you can see it in the edge by Green Goblin's satchel, but it runs vertically about an inch in from the edge for about 3-4 inches. It goes all the way through the book, but doesn't break the color in any cover or page. Maybe a good candidate for pressing?

Thanks in advance for your opinion!

asm23fr.jpg

asm23bk.jpg

There is a "dent" in the book towards the right side where you can see it in the edge by Green Goblin's satchel

It's from the book being tied in a bundle by string, there's one at the top as well.

Looks like a straight FN to me.

There is a "dent" in the book towards the right side where you can see it in the edge by Green Goblin's satchel

It's from the book being tied in a bundle by string, there's one at the top as well.

Looks like a straight FN to me.

+1

yup, bundle indents...no biggie. If this was the first or last book of a bundle, the flaws at all 4 edges would have mean 10 times worse.

a good press might clean up the back corners a little...might be just enough to get 7.0 but that would be max here.

Nice book, better than any copy I have ever owned.

However, I wouldn't invest anything into this book. Paying for a press this book is still going to be a 6.0 tops in my book due to the bottom left front. Maybe if the press gets out the creases and the binding dent it might get a 6.5. I had an Avengers 57 where the pressing helped it but it didn't get the binding dent out completely.

My advice is to keep it as a reader or maybe sell it as a fine and then take that money and buy a CGC 7.0 for 150-200 bucks.

Like this one:

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=121248&lotNo=10032