• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which series is hotter??

40 posts in this topic

Saga, Thief of Thieves, Batman, Revival, The Walking Dead, Peter Panzerfaust..

Just a simple question..Which is book the best book out there with the most buzz? You can rank them or just give your opinion on one particular book.

For me the hottest book out there is SAGA. I do not think I have been to one comic shop and heard people say anything negative...wait I take that back. I heard one person complain about the language. I think it would be a kick @ss movie as well.

1. Saga

2. TWD

3. Batman

4. Revival

5. ToT

6. Peter Panzerfaust

This is just my opinion from what I have read and heard...There is no right or wrong to this.

Saga, Thief of Thieves, Batman, Revival, The Walking Dead, Peter Panzerfaust..

Rocket Raccoon...lowest print run of all of them.

There is a right and wrong. The Walking Dead is the hottest series out there. Selling more copies than any of the others on the list by a long shot and has one of the most popular shows on tv right now.

The TV show is hot no lie about that but not everyone who watches the show collects the comic but your points are valid.

This is a heavily weighted question. If you really wanted to ask this question it should have only included the books released in the last year, If not WD and Batman wins hands down depending on how you see it (shrug)

If the question was don correctly it would include;

Theif of Theives

Saga

Peter Panzerfaust

Revival

Bedlam

etc

all of which have been released in the last 12 months.

There is a right and wrong. The Walking Dead is the hottest series out there. Selling more copies than any of the others on the list by a long shot and has one of the most popular shows on tv right now.

The TV show is hot no lie about that but not everyone who watches the show collects the comic but your points are valid.

How can you argue that Saga is hotter than WD in comic format right now? Are you aware of each comics print run and which is selling more than the other each month?

Otherwise this threads title needs to be changed to, "Which series do I personally think is better."

"This is just my opinion from what I have read and heard...There is no right or wrong to this."

Don't look too deep into the question...TWD is blazing right now and people can answer the question however they want...I have not read every issues of TWD but I have seen every episode of the show.

If you wanna compare print runs sold in the past here it is. Walking Dead 103 sold 74378 vs Saga 6 sold 40584. Walking dead Michonne special out sold Saga of a print run of 49930 numbers dont lie. Dont even compare Walking dead 100 you will be crushed.

Just playing devils advocate. Saga sold that many issue 1, which took the Walking Dead 80+ issues and a TV show to accomplish those figures.

Personally I don't see the point of this exercise. Sometimes it's like comparing chocolate and cheese. Enjoy them all!

I agree that Bedlam needs to be on this list. There's a huge buzz around about this book at the moment. I think it qualifies as being hot.

Personally I'd pick Revival. 5 issues in and it's gathering steam big time and the print runs are going up with every issue which is unusual.

I must be the only person that thinks Batman is the hottest comic (comic with the "most buzz") right now? I think the Death of the Family arc has generated buzz for all of the Batman books. I can't remember the last time that Batgirl was selling for $25. None of the other titles mentioned above have random issues selling for as much as the Bat books are selling for. This is particularly impressive because we all know just how rare it is for a Marvel or DC book to sell above cover price (even first issues are rarely expensive modern issues because of the perception of high availability which is also a reason that books like Revival, Saga and Bedlam are selling for as much money as they are and getting as much attention as they are). That's my 2 cents on the question. Batman is the king of kings at the moment because of Snyder. While we are on the topic, I think that Detective 871 and 880 are great investments right now (particularly 871 second print which reminds me a lot of Walking Dead 33 second print).

Well Death in the family is a great story very popular storyline now fast forward 5 to 10 years from now does it hold up? I dont think soo because high PRINT RUNS like Marvel Now books being mass produced like printing money. Now lets see DC comics popular comic titles average over 100,000 print run what a joke, dont ask me about Marvel Now does the word MASSED PRODUCED comes to your mind? Make it a movie or tv then maybe.

Well Death in the family is a great story very popular storyline now fast forward 5 to 10 years from now does it hold up? I dont think soo because high PRINT RUNS like Marvel Now books being mass produced like printing money. Now lets see DC comics popular comic titles average over 100,000 print run what a joke, dont ask me about Marvel Now does the word MASSED PRODUCED comes to your mind? Make it a movie or tv then maybe.

Can you conjure me up next weeks lotto numbers from that crystal ball of yours. Also the OP asked what is hot now not in "5 to 10 years from now"

Hey Buddy, your reason and logic is interfering with my self-serving posts! Don't make rational arguments or responsive suggestions when I'm busy trying to convince people to buy the titles I'm stockpiling! What's wrong with you?

- Happy