• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Straight Arrow #1

7 posts in this topic

Straight Arrow, Vol.1 #1 from 1950

Much like the rest of this GA collection I picked up, this one wasn't stored well. Spine is not split and the one staple it has is firmly attached. Foxing inner back and front covers. Chip out of b/c. Very flat though. The scanner is automatically cropping the f/c, I guess because it is a whitish/gray. No chipping really but the corners are all blunted

SA1.jpg

SA1bc.jpg

It looks like the upper staple was once there, as there's a hole on the spine right next to the arrow. I've never had to grade one like this, but if the staple has been removed, I would say incomplete book, story not affected, Fair, 1.0. If there was never a staple there, Good, 2.0.

It looks like the upper staple was once there, as there's a hole on the spine right next to the arrow. I've never had to grade one like this, but if the staple has been removed, I would say incomplete book, story not affected, Fair, 1.0. If there was never a staple there, Good, 2.0.

Youre absolutely correct. I didn't want to tear into the book too much, but after opening it up and going into the centerfold, there was a top staple at one time. I have no idea how it was removed so cleanly because it is hard to see that there was one once there.

Just because the staple is not there, doesn't mean it's incomplete.

However I wouldn't go above 2.0 on it.

According to overstreet you can replace staples up to fine :sick: though

Of course that's brought to you by the same people that say you can be missing all of the back cover for a fair but the spine can only be split 2/3 of the way. Not quite sure how that works.

Guess if the spine is split all the way, they feel it's better to throw away the back cover.