• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which books Share Back Covers With Amazing Spiderman 1 or AF15?

22 posts in this topic

I know AF 15 shares with Strange Tales 100. From memory the other books it shares bc with are all keys/semi keys and make for very expensive donors. I.e. ST 101 and TTA 35.

I found a list of possible donors by looking at which books were published by marvel in the same month. And then checking heritage scans against each other. Some of the love/cowboy titles would make good donors but I could never find any.

This site is very helpful for finding comics by month published.

http://www.maelmill-insi.de/UHBMCC/datafr.htm

Marvel comics with the same cover dates did not necessarily come out in the same month. All Marvel books before 20¢ covers, had two (or more when one factors in books released quarterly) cover dates per publication month.

Neither site above is going to provide you with accurate publication dates, especially before 1965. Try Marvel Comics 1939-1980 .

These books match with ASM 1:

FF 12 and 13

Gunsmoke Western 75

Incredible Hulk 6

JIM 89 and 90

Kid Colt Outlaw 109

Rawhide Kid 33

Strange Tales 106 and 107

TOS 39 and 40

TTA 41 and 42

Two Gun Kid 62

These books match with ASM 1:

FF 12 and 13

Gunsmoke Western 75

Incredible Hulk 6

JIM 89 and 90

Kid Colt Outlaw 109

Rawhide Kid 33

Strange Tales 106 and 107

TOS 39 and 40

TTA 41 and 42

Two Gun Kid 62

I don't believe they all share the same interior cover add/art. Of that list I cannot say off hand which ones are which though.

We have had several already married/slabbed AF 15, and ASM 1's submitted for work due to incorrect BC's

The exterior BC is always a match, but the interior side is not.

So you gotta be careful.

It would be interesting to know if this is the case. The teen titles have different back covers and interior ads but I have not noticed a shifting of ads during a monthly print run.

I just grabbed a selection of readers of off the shelf. Ads correspond page to page in concurrent and in the next consecutively numbered book with the same back cover from at least cover date August 1964 on.

Ads, interior and cover, ran in two month cycles during this time.

I don't have the depth of readers to confirm this for 1963 titles; however, because back covers also run in two month cycles in this earlier period, I am tempted to conclude that the interior ads are the same.

This being said ---- I do know that sometimes a back cover ad is repeated at intervals during the year and may have different colouring or a different Dept. Number listed with the coupon --- and I would suspect (though I would need to do the research to confirm this) a different interior ad.

You may very well be correct. I just know whatever BC was used to marry with those books was not deemed correct by CGC.

The exterior BC art was the same, if I remember it correctly.

Which was probably why they used it to marry with the book, not knowing interior art might be different.