• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Felix the Cat - Pat Sullivan Signed sketch circa 1922 Auction‏

3 posts in this topic

Greetings!

I have a rare original sketch of Felix the Cat drawn and signed by Pat Sullivan, it was given to a family member around 1922 who used to work at a Hotel in New York city, where Mr. Sullivan used to stay. I have decided to auction it trough ebay instead of doing it trough Christie's as it was initially planned. As an animator and a fan of Felix, I would like this sketch to be owned by another fan who can appreciate its historical value.

Feel free to check it out and make an offer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Felix-the-Cat-Pat-Sullivan-Signed-Hand-Drawing-Gallery-Art-doodle-circa-1922-/150955963449?pt=Collectibles_Animation_Art&hash=item2325ad3439

ebay auction

$(KGrHqR,!hIFCtDjot)7BQtgCtBclg~~60_14.JPG

The doodle was given to Louis Rogers around 1922, Louis was my wife's great aunt, who in turn gave it to my wife. Louis used to work at the front desk of a Hotel in New York city where Mr. Sullivan used to stay. We have kept it in the family until now, but due to the economic situation is time to let it go. I have not done a certification because that costs money that we don't have at the moment. I have done my own investigation comparing the known signatures of Mr. Sullivan with ours and it looks authentic. The item has a return policy if the buyer is not happy, I am also open to putting it to any kind test at the buyers expense. I will be able to provide you with a high resolution scan if you want to submit it for authentication. http://www.paasautographs.com/ has an option of authentication online.