• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Super Comics #40 (*spoon* Tracy)

8 posts in this topic

Sorry, but there is no picture of the back. I'm considering buying this comic, but would like input on the grade. I must admit being thrown by the large stamp and some of the other defects and how they affect the final grade.

794933-22.jpg

Edit: Did the site actually censor the title?

Between the wrinkling at the bottom and the missing piece at the top and chip along the edge I can't go above 3.5/4.0. The missing pieces bother me a little because they kind of look like the type of chips that happen when there is some brittleness on the cover. Could be wrong, hard to tell from just this, but it kind of looks like a little red flag to me.

It's also hard to tell if there's any gloss left or is it the Mylar shining. I'm going to agree it looks a little brittle as well. I think a guess would just be a shot in the dark, what are they selling it as?

Perhaps, it is a return address. I'd be weary overpaying for a book the seller hasn't put their opinion on the grade or condition. If it shows up with a major flaw that you can't see, you wouldn't have a leg to stand on if you wanted to return it. (shrug)