• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show me your GA Quarter books

68 posts in this topic

Thanks for posting that Ameri. I see it shows dual copyrights, but does not indicate where printed. The only other publications I can find attributed to Universal Crime Stories Inc. are the true crime magazines National Detective Cases in 1942, Best Detective Cases in 1948 ( Not to be confused with the long running Fawcett publication of the same name started in 1951), and Five Star Detective in 1954, but it is a Goodman company.

I notice the description for a copy on Heritage a while back mentions an HP logo on the spine. What does that look like?

Interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if the HP logo is a clue to who actually printed the books. I couldn't find any information on 1940s era printers, distributors or publishers with those initials in Canada or stateside.

Hewlett Packard lol The missing paper on the Marvel Annual spine reveals four separate sections that have been glued together. I assume they are 32 pages each which would be 128 pages plus the cover for a 132 page book. Interesting how they did that since the originals weren't in 32 page sections.