• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warriors, Come Out to Play by Tnerb

5 posts in this topic

Or Something New to Collect?

Sometimes I hope that when I talk about the New Mutants another collector suddenly has the urge to acquire the title. When a collector collects one thing it is much easier to start collecting other items too, in my case shot glasses and Star Wars items, the latter has been placed on hold due to space. I also like statues and recently ordered two more, but what is this Warrior magazine.

When I first read the title, what immediately came to mind was a three issue mini series called Car Warriors, a title Alan Moore had nothing to do with. I attribute New Mutants #15 as the reason I collect comic books but I did purchase them between the first comic book I ever got in 1977 until that fateful issue in 1984. One if those titles I picked off the rack was Saga of the Swamp Thing. It was issue #17.

This title intrigued me. I picked up 18,then 19, followed by 20, and cultivated an amazing interest to this book by issue so when 22 came out I didn't get it, not did I purchase 23. Maybe this title was the main reason I would keep checking out the newsstand racks of my local 7-11. Alan Moore revamped and revitalized that sold from my first comic supplier. I had no way to get to the comic book shop on a regular basis at that age.

What would have happened if I did? Would Alan Moore have become a regular staple within my collection? Would have Watchman be the book I started to collect instead of Daredevil, the Miller years, would I be pandering CGC to start grading Warrior? After all issue #1 through #26 has Alan Moore contributing. Would this "magazine" have made it past issue #26 if DC didn't use Alan Moore for his creative Juices?

Should CGC start slabbing larger periodicals. I know I am glad that they slab the larger Marvel Graphic novel titles and if they didn't wouldn't I sign a petition for them to do so. I don't know Alan Moore, he might be a whimsical fan boy who was not only able to play in the world of others but crest a world where others could play in. Whether he would back his contribution being preserved in carbonite never to be read but just admired hanging on a shelf, since larger boxes would also be needed to hold the larger slabs. My Marvel Graphic Novel sits solely on a shelf on the wall. Or would he rave much like my original thoughts about CGC.

So yes Screenwriter3d I will sign your petition and I will look for this magazine the next time I am at a convention and maybe full out an invoice for this title while smiling and handing it over to CGC to grade. The more I'm thinking though is to use cosplay woman dressed as characters from Alan Moore's creations request it in person, they are after all so much cuter than I. Thank you for opening my eyes to a larger world within our community and if I become addicted...I'm sending you the bill.

Thanks for Reading

Tnerb

Random photo below I found on the Internet

12515.jpg

See more journals by Tnerb

The title of your journal here reminded me of something.

"the warriors killed cyrus!"

If you've never seen The Warriors, it is time!

This is a classic cult film!

Just wait til you see how they get on the train, it's awesome!

Actually, that movie was the inspiration for the title. Although it came out in 79' I didn't see it till years later when I was watching it with a friend on a VHS tape in his room one sleepover.

As always, I love your journals.. your enthusiam and passion for collecting is infectious! In fact, you're the reason why I posted my "Warrior crusade". I'm not a crusader, nor a political activist... but I am passionate about comics, and seeing your passion on a daily basis was the inspiration to do something... albeit anything... share my ideas, opinions, rants, raves, you name it... for this great medium with the world-at-large.

So to you, kind sir, I tip my hat... and will dedicate the next journal entry to you and your driving spirit!

And when I figure out how to go about creating a petition... I will call upon you.

Happy Collecting!