• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need HELP on this as this is strange

27 posts in this topic

Why call eBay? Send a note to the buyer and ask him to explain if there's something that you should know about the address you were given.

Wouldn't he be better off posting a thread on the internet about it?

:idea:

Well according to the post office the package never left there hands and is on its way back to me which shows on the tracking. The weird thing is the buyers feedback shows him buying many high priced books over time and if this was a scam it would have been uncovered by now. Any of you who want to look up the USPS tracking on this and give me there opinion on what they see is fine with me. The tracking number is 2301 0640 0001 5588 5578

My take on this tracking record is that the package was refused. The "forwarded" is forwarded back to the sender.

IMHO, the most likely explanation, if the buyer's history is as good as you say, is that the package arrived visibly damaged and was refused or was refused for some other reason. You'll know soon - it's almost back to you. The reason will be written on the package.

Has the buyer not responded to emails about this?

If the item was refused, it would say so in the tracking info ...

It could be that the buyer has moved & didn't update his shipping address yet - I moved back in August and had a couple of packages that showed "forwarded" on the tracking info due to them being shipped to my old address (and me having the USPS mail forwarding in place).

I also doubt that it was refused.

If the tracking information is to be trusted at all, it would have had to have been one of the postmans' first stops as it was listed as 'Forwarded" 40 minutes after "Out for delivery". I think it more likely there was never any attempt at delivery as the driver knew the address was no good.

i'm going to guess that you have not been in contact with the buyer? Why would you not try to contact him ?

Other way.

If the package was damaged - why has the buyer not been shouting from the rooftops?

If its above board - could mean something has happened to the buyer which would be sad.

Yes, we have been in communication and he thinks I must have made a mistake with the address. I am tracking it back to me via emails from the post office. Hopefully I will understand once i get it back. I charged $10 for shipping (hate charging more because it affects the bids) and it cost me $35 for priority, full insurance and signature conformation. Guess I am going to spend another $35 to ship it again but cannot wait to see why this happened. I will post again when the mystery is solved. Thanks to all of you who responded.