• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Timely artists that are still with us

7 posts in this topic

I noticed a listing in the CC auction that said Allen Bellman is the "last living Timely artist left in the world." I know that is not true as Ken Bald is still with us. Not trying to diminish the CC listing - it could have easily been done in ignorance but it made me really curious - are there others that are still around?

Here is a pic of the listing (btw- I am big fan of Bellman - I actually had my All Select #10 signed by him and would love to add Ken Bald as he worked on that issue too -

CClisting_zpsbd7e7ba0.jpg

Ken was at the New York show and sometimes can been seen at the Pug production shows in Jersey,he still will do cover recreations.Amazing at his age something about the comic world that keeps you young.

Ken was at the New York show and sometimes can been seen at the Pug production shows in Jersey,he still will do cover recreations.Amazing at his age something about the comic world that keeps you young.

He has a website also - http://www.kenbald.com/. He did a show recently in New Jersey also. I have thought about a Barnabas Collins/Namora commission.

Also, you have to define "Timely" Several other artists still around though they have started later. re: Ayers, Heath, Katz, ...

Good point. I hadn't really thought about it until I saw the listing in the auction. Just seems so precious few left.

I guess for me through 1949 would be interesting. I guess the last issue of MMC and Cap (not counting the brief revival) was 1949 so how about through then.