• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dropping like a Rock!!!

99 posts in this topic

Are you saying this is where you think they should be selling for?

If that's the case, is a 9.6 book (with multiple copies available) really worth that multiple compared to a 9.4?

I still feel that over time, the spreads on high-grade books will condense. Let's face it, we all agree that we see plenty of 9.4 that could be 9.6 and vice versa, but one book is worth well over double because of the label? Yes, that's a fact now, but will it be in the future? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If that's the case, is a 9.6 book (with multiple copies available) really worth that multiple compared to a 9.4?

I still feel that over time, the spreads on high-grade books will condense. Let's face it, we all agree that we see plenty of 9.4 that could be 9.6 and vice versa, but one book is worth well over double because of the label? Yes, that's a fact now, but will it be in the future? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I dont thgink so either...

I dont thgink so either...

keep your eye on the census, 893whatthe.gif more are coming down the pike. gossip.gif

Another one ended today for 4,350

Saw that. Still well below the prices a few months ago.

And that's the fourth sale of a 9.6 in July. If they continue to be sold at this rate, the SUPPLY will clearly overtake DEMAND.

Maybe the BS hype line about Hulk 180 being the TRUE 1st app of Wolverine that sellers are feeding in their daily auctions to the unwashed ignoranti is finally taking some noticeable effect? tongue.gif

Maybe.....but it has more to do with the ever emerging high grade supply than anything, IMO. This shouldn't have been unexpected and will happen to most other Bronze keys eventually......

Jim

but it has more to do with the ever emerging high grade supply than anything, IMO.

I agree 100% with this being the primary factor, just busting chops. I'm just looking to unload a high grade Hulk 180 at an unholy price 893scratchchin-thumb.gifstooges.gif

On a serious note, I may be able to afford a 9.6 181 soon if this keeps up, even with a new baby on the way...

the realised prices for Hulk 181 should/possibly be corrected to for slabbed copies:

9.2 - $900

9.4 - $1400

9.6 - $3500

I agree on all but the 9.6 which I think should be closer to double the 9.4 (around $2800).

I'd be a 9.4 buyer if prices dropped to about $1000. Unlikely, but I'm in no rush.

Maybe the fact that there were THREE 9.6's up at once scared away bidders?

Brian

We'll see what happens when the 3rd one ends this weekend. Has anyone else noticed that sometimes when there are multiple copies of books on ebay at once, the 1st one goes for the cheapest? confused-smiley-013.gif

Can't get enough of 'em ...or my wife, for that matter. It'll be a girl and she's due on Thanksgiving Day wink.gif

will keep all posted...

Is your first child in Mint (10.0) condition?

Blue-label non "Wizard First" perfection thumbsup2.gifwink.gif

Maybe the BS hype line about Hulk 180 being the TRUE 1st app of Wolverine that sellers are feeding in their daily auctions to the unwashed ignoranti is finally taking some noticeable effect? tongue.gif

Maybe.....but it has more to do with the ever emerging high grade supply than anything, IMO. This shouldn't have been unexpected and will happen to most other Bronze keys eventually......

Jim

Hulk 181 was found in quantity in NM in the Mile High 2 warehouse find. 893whatthe.giffrown.gif